• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Ohe boy's Full Width D44/Ford 9"

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT
Well I am finally done with the suspension mods and have taken it out on the trails to test out the flex.

Here's some pics to get started:

Group shot of the gang

Some flexing out on the trails...

...and some flexing with the forklift...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

naxel86

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln, Nebraska/Herndon, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Nice picts. Im a poor college student, but i just ordered some 1 1/4 warrior shackles for the rear leaf springs. Im loking into doing some custom fab for my 98 X over spring break. Im curious about your rack on the top. Does that mount to the luggage rack or its own mounting brackets? Also, other than the shackles, im stock. What would you suggest for larger wheels? I knw I have stock wheels and tires, but dont know how big the are or what i can go to being close to stock. I heard I would be able to fit 32s?

schmoken

Reaction score
City, State
Lingle, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
NICE! Those back tires tuck up perfectly. Any rubbing there?

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT
Ummm....well the luggage rack mounts in the rails of the existing roof racks. You're gonna have to remove the rear roof rack to install the luggage rack. You can find these on jcwhitney.com and other similiar sites. Try a search on luggage rack for your explorer year.

As far as the warrior shackles it'll only lift the rear and do nothing to the front. I got the shackles in order to lift the rear up a little since it had some rear sag in it. i'm not sure whether or not you're gonna able to fit 32's all around with just a shackle lift. trying searching around...There's lots of info on this board.

oh and Welcome to the best site you're ever gonna come across for all your explorer questions!!!

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT
NICE! Those back tires tuck up perfectly. Any rubbing there?
Thanks!! The pics with the forklift has no body lift in it. It didn't touch the fenders (flares did touch though) but it was way to close. the fork lift gives your truck a smooth articulation. Try driving it offroad and you're sure to rub the fenders pretty bad. The wheeling pics above shows it with the 3" BL. The tires have enough clearance with them in and I have nothing to worry about there.

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT
I have always liked how yours turns out. Looks Great.

Are these picutres with the body lift on?
Thanks Burns! I was impressed with the flexability set up too! The wheeling pics has the 3" BL in. The fork lift pics doesn't!

BTW...is this the post you PM'd me about?

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
pimpin

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Thanks Burns! I was impressed with the flexability set up too! The wheeling pics has the 3" BL in. The fork lift pics doesn't!

BTW...is this the post you PM'd me about?
no lol it must have not been submitted or something. I was not sure how the body lift would change it. Does it drive diffrent? with it or without.

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT
I couldn't tell a difference in the driving.

But then again...I only drove it for about a week before I added in the BL.

As of now... the truck is back in the shop getting some rock sliders/ step bars built

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT
OH nice. I want sliders bad. LOL

i just cut my fenders so no rubbing for me he he

How did you cut the rear? I was thinking of doing that but noticed theres hardly any meat left to cut. :(

21robbie21

Elite SPort
Reaction score
City, State
duluth, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer sport 2001
looks real badass ohe_boy. how do you like those Iroks so far? Im thinking about getting myself a set

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
How did you cut the rear? I was thinking of doing that but noticed theres hardly any meat left to cut. :(
I didnt cut the rear. I dont rub there. I only cut the front ones.

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT

Mud Bug 94

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomingdale, N J
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT-367k miles
its a sled...(read the dictionary)

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
looks real badass ohe_boy. how do you like those Iroks so far? Im thinking about getting myself a set
i would also like to know this.

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT

Well I heard a lot of good reviews from them....

I only took it out on the trails once and so far so good. Those tires gripped this slicked clay like mixture and I went over the obstacle with ease. (not to mentioned the lockers helped out)

I suggest getting them.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
rick runs the irocks, ask him.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ohe_boy

Reaction score
City, State
Kane'ohe, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4 XLT