OHV or SOHV

double_u_4

Reaction score
City, State
romeoville,il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
i have a 2000 Explorer XLT 4.0. How do i know if i have the OHV or the SOHV,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sohc?

This is what the SOHC looks like under the hood.

DSCF2598.jpg

8th Letter of VIN E = SOHC X = OHV

lol ya i didnt even think to check the intake manifold. i noticed the 4.0 when i bought it but didnt even notice the SOHV.

that engine is backwards,, :D:D:D

Its not backwards,:confused: My engine is the same, just the brake booster/ master cyl and fuse box is on the other side:D

Good obs Corkey, Happy fathers day.

This is what the SOHC looks like under the hood.

DSCF2598.jpg

ya mine is the other way too with the fusebox n master cylinder on the otherside. y is yours the otherway. is it just a model year difference or something

his is a right side drive.. thus his fuses, brake booster locations are all reversed

Yep, that's right. We drive on the wrong side of the road here in Australia so I have the right hand drive Explorer Export. The heater hoses even run across the back of the engine to get to where they are supposed to be. But they come with Floor shift transmission shifter so that's a bonus.

ya mine is the other way too with the fusebox n master cylinder on the otherside. y is yours the otherway. is it just a model year difference or something

First I want to welcome you to the Forum:dpchug:

Believe it or not this great Forum, (Started by a great person in the state of Arizona), Now has members from ALL OVER the world.:usa: :uk: :ca: :australia

Sedition, Who I have seen lots of great posts from:thumbsup:, Was the person who posted the photo. He is from Australia :australia and things are a little different there as well as the UK.

Corky (another great poster:thumbsup:) caught the different photo and was joking with him. I also caught that and was joking with Corkey.

And the Great Blee1099 :salute: spelled it out. It is a right side drive, but the engine is the same.

Anyway thanks for letting me have some fun with this.

Yep, that's right. We drive on the wrong side of the road here in Australia so I have the right hand drive Explorer Export. The heater hoses even run across the back of the engine to get to where they are supposed to be. But they come with Floor shift transmission shifter so that's a bonus.

You guys also drive upside down.

lol ya i didnt even think to check the intake manifold. i noticed the 4.0 when i bought it but didnt even notice the SOHV.

Just FYI its SOHC (single overhead cam) not SOHV.

Back