Oil Black in 4L after 2000km, normal?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil Black in 4L after 2000km, normal??

tripplec

Reaction score
City, State
Bowmanville, ON Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer LTD AWD
I just changed the oil the first time myself for my sons Explorer Sport. The dealer had it changed the day I picked it up and it was clean a week later when I checked the level. I doubt the oil was changed often by the previous owner. It was conventional oil. Told it was Penzoil they used.

I installed a Wix filter and used Penzoil Synthetic 5w30. It was -5C here and changing in the driveway was cool. It flows out the drain very quick and overshot the oil tray at that height on ramps. Oil all over the driveway. Ha ha oh well the snow coming down won't stick to the pavement.

Engine runs, idles and accelerates fine.

I just changed the oil the first time myself for my sons Explorer Sport. The dealer had it changed the day I picked it up and it was clean a week later when I checked the level. I doubt the oil was changed often by the previous owner. It was conventional oil. Told it was Penzoil they used.

I installed a Wix filter and used Penzoil Synthetic 5w30. It was -5C here and changing in the driveway was cool. It flows out the drain very quick and overshot the oil tray at that height on ramps. Oil all over the driveway. Ha ha oh well the snow coming down won't stick to the pavement.

Engine runs, idles and accelerates fine.

black oil is not really a bad thing, shows it is cleaning out the engine. I was told if oil comes out clear it is leaving all the crap behind.

Back