Oil change intervals | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil change intervals

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
What interval do you change the oil in your truck?

What oil do you use?

Why?

Thanks....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I change my oil at 10k now and will be changing to 12-15k next time.

I use Mobil 1 synthetic 0w30 with a Mobil 1 filter. I change the filter every 5k.

I like synthetic oil for several reasons ( 1) extended change intervals (2) better gas mileage ( 3) better protection.

I use Mobil 1 because it is easy to get.

Dino oil every 3000-3500 miles. I don't want to switch to synthetic because I have a few seals that leak a few drops every once in a while. Isn't a big deal at all now, but synthetic could open up the leaks.

I change it at 3000 miles. I use Exxon Super Flow 5w-30 or Motorcraft 5w-30. I use the Motorcraft FL-1A filter.
This combination works well for me so thats why I use it.

Vavoline max life Motorcraft FL-1A filter every 3000 miles

Whatever conventional 10W30 is on sale at PepBoys that day every 3K (ok, more like 4K).
Why? cause I'm a conventional kind of guy and cheap! And it's done me well for 96K with no problems.

Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 filter or K&N Filter. I change it every 3 - 4K miles

Penzoil every 3-4k miles. My X hit 120k miles last week... engine is still running smooth. Also, 120k miles, and all I've had to do to the tranny is change the slave cylinder. Also, the throwout bearing is dead, so I just have to be careful shifting into first or it'll grind a bit. I put some extra thick tranny fluid in and that seems to help.

i change my synthtic oil (usually Mobil 1) every 12,000-15,000 miles. never had a problem. i never have to add oil between changes either.

mobil 1 5w30 every 3k.

I change mine at 5k miles with Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic 5W-30 and Pure 1 oil filter.

Back