Oil change on an sloped driveway? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil change on an sloped driveway?

I considered installing a Fumoto drain valve on the ST until I saw the $30 price and actually tried one on my friends F-150. Glad I didn't buy one, that thing drains S-L-O-W.

I had a Fumoto valve on my '98 SOHC and liked it. Yes, it does drain slow but I usually would clean the air filter (AEM Dryflow), putz around the garage, and top other fluids while it drained. I will be putting one on my new Edge when I do the first oil change. I like the convenience and cleanliness factor as you can hook a 3/8" hose up to it and direct the oil flow anywhere. Plus you get the really cool "Fumoto" decal that you can stick to your beer refrigerator in the garage! :bounce:

20161208_000425.jpg

I gotta ask, why do you have a 2x4 glued to your beer fridge?

heh. (I was hoping nobody would notice that!) But... this is a well worn and used frig, and the plastic molded shelving on the inside of the door is all busted up. As such, the door was not really stable when it opened - the top would release about 2" before the rest of the door followed. I repaired the shelving as best I could but it was still was unstable. The 2x2" stabilizes it and keeps the door from wobbling when opened. Also, the strategically placed "OPEN" indicator helps also. The compressor works fine and it still keeps everything cold even in a hot Texas garage during the summer. I just couldn't bear to toss it when it still functioned fine. Besides, I like the 'industrial' look, and it really adds to the cache' don't you think?:thumbsup:

Yeah, simple old refrigerators last forever. It's typically the plastic parts that break and then they get junked. New ones with all the fancy displays, internet, computers and coffee makers built into them will probably not last 5 years. If they don't break they's just become obsolete after a couple of years.

Back