Oil filter adapter o'rings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil filter adapter o'rings

fordoldfart

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 ford explorer xlt
Anybody know where to find the o'rings or have the part numbers for the ninety degree oil filter adapter. The ones that seal it to the block and the one for the bolt flange. I have one like this in my possession but would like to replace with new. Before Install. they appear to be a gartered oring here are the dimensions
upload_2018-4-2_17-50-37.png

002_zpsb0793cf6.jpg

upload_2018-4-2_17-50-21.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ended up finding something slightly larger, cutting it to fit as close as I could.
Then, when I bolted it to the block, I used black rtv.

It's a great seal with no leaking.

Anybody know where to find the o'rings or have the part numbers for the ninety degree oil filter adapter. The ones that seal it to the block and the one for the bolt flange. I have one like this in my possession but would like to replace with new. Before Install. they appear to be a gartered oring here are the dimensions
View attachment 157250

fordoldfart,

To help us help you, it that an oil filter adapter from a V-6 SOHC or V-8 5.0?

It doesn't look anything like a 4.0 OHV because I just replace all (3) gaskets on mine (and will soon post a write up)
002_zpsb0793cf6.jpg

I don't think they are available from Ford anymore.

You could try a company called McMaster-Carr. Hugh selection of all types of stuff.

McMaster.com is the website.

Back