• Register Today It's free!

Oil Leak Location Help?

bigredexplo88

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer XLT
Hey just want to get some opinions. I have notices recently my rig is leaking Oil on what looks like the passenger side of the engine. However i believe the source may be the Valve cover gasket. Can the oil really make it down the side of the oil pan all the way from the Valve Cover, or is there and other spot thats Prone to leak on the OHV Vin X engine? Rear Main?:( hope not, All opinions are very much appieciated! Look at the pictures and tell me what ya think

IMG00183-20100817-1731.jpg

IMG00187-20100819-1946.jpg

IMG00190-20100819-1947.jpg

IMG00192-20100819-1948.jpg

If you look closely seems its most wet on the passenger side, little my dryer toward driver side of oil pan

x2 on the valve cover/valve cover gasket...

Are the torque spreaders still in place around the valve cover bolts? A lot of times those get left out and the bolts are tight but the valve cover will still leak...

Plus oil will almost never flow up onto the block...Airflow under the truck will spread it back if the rear main seal was leaking...

i actually think the torque spreaders are gone, im gonna get the fel pro kit for the intake and the covers, might as well do it all lol.

Back