• Register Today It's free!

Oil-less intake kit

99ExploratorySUV

Reaction score
City, State
Voorhees, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 4x4 SOHC XLT
Hey guys, I thought this was cool, no one's talked about it on the forum (at least I don't think so), just thought I'd show some people. It's an intake kit by AFE (Advanced Flow Engineering) that uses their Pro Dry S oil less filter, which I thought was pretty cool because I have had a mass air flow sensor go bad in another car due to my filter being over oiled. Anyway, it's a rather simple kit, but it looks like it has a sturdy mounting bracket. It uses the stock intake tube, and doesn't come with the heat shield pictured in this link, but it seems nice anyway. I'm hopefully going to get it in a little while after I save up. If anyone here already has it, let me know how it works. It seems very similar to the KKM intake kit. http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT276872.aspx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AEM had dry filters about a year or so before the competition and they seem to work well i have had one in my truck for 2 years i think and not a problem. However I feel that with any open filter oil or not (more towards dry filter medias), a prefilter is in order to catch bugs and help keep out the big stuff that can potentially damage the element.

ya dry filter have been out awhile now . talked about on here dun no but i see alot of the older oil style filters for sale . on e-bay my local paper ad books etc. an i dont thk they can give them away any more / im running a dry cone filter for about a yr now riped out the stocker an have never looked back

I've had my AEM Dryflow for almost 2 years. I dumped the oiled K&N filter from the FIPK when it got dirty. I've since cleaned the AEM once. It was a cinch to clean. No oiling just wash, dry and re-install.

amsoil has a dry filter element, supposed to be one of the best you can get and it's cheaper then the k&n I believe.

I take it you mean K&N oiled filters. They don't make a dry filter yet.

I bought an AEM way back because it had the only application that would fit the K&N FIPK 6" inlet.

oiled filters flow quite a bit and suck up a lot of dirt when new, after a while they clog up quick and filter more than oiless with several times more restriction lol. Go oiless if you can. I just think K&N etc started a trend because no one out there had made exotic style filters. I think I wash my oversized oiled filter once every 2-3 years, I guess thats why my MAF has never clogged. :D

Back