Oil Light?

TLEE

Reaction score
City, State
Ansonia, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hello

The Change Oil Soon light came on, on my 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. After Meineke changed my oil, the Change Oil Soon light continued to come on when the truck was started. I reset it by pressing setup and reset, but it comes back on when the truck is started. Now when I start the truck it says "Oil Change Required" Has this ever happened to anyone?

If you haven't already done so, read the owners manual carefully to reset the oil change light. I like most of the technology in my '06, but the oil change light is a PITA.

In the owners manual it tells you how to reset it. I dog eared the page so it's easy to find. I agree it's a PITA. But it is fun watching the quick lube idiots try to reset it.

One time, I let the manager try for like 10 minutes before I finally started intervening and he was all indignent like "I almost had it!" So I let him finish...he said that was hard! I said really?? I shut it off, restarted it and boom "CHange Oil" It took me about 30 seconds to reset it for the idiot.

Back