Oil pan gasket with out pulling motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil pan gasket with out pulling motor

kaufmanj67

Reaction score
City, State
Portland OR.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Explorer
Success!!! Was able to change the pan gasket yesterday while I was doing a a/t to m/t swap on my 92 x. I took tons of pics and would be willing to do a how to thread if anybody is interested. Although I had the tranny out I think there would be enuf room to do it with it in.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Forum Runner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rule of thumb: When in doubt, and no how-to exists or an inadequate one does, do a how-to.

hmmmm I'd be interested in seeing how this happened.

This is probably the reason why I haven't changed mine, it leaks a little but nothing horrible.

However after reading on here you had to jack up the motor to do so I kinda put it on hold. I know this applied to 4wd models for sure because I had an old full size Bronco that this was done on. Mine is a 2wd so I never investigated this job any further.

I'll try to get it started tonight still have some things to finish on my tranny swap so that comes first. But I will say this there where 2 jacks involved but the radiator and all wire's stay connected.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Forum Runner

I'd sure be interested. I've a 92 XLT and a 94 Limited, both with minor pan leaks. Not ready to pull the engine on either yet, since both were replaced/rebuilt within the last 60k miles (not by me).

Back