• Register Today It's free!

oil pressure or temp?

ckomai

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer
Is the oil gauge on the left side oil temp or oil pressure. It just has an L and H for low and high.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pressure.its also a dummy gauges, thinknits like something in the 10psi range before the gauge shows any movement

5 psi :)

Anyway.. Its easy to convert that gauge 1st gen analog idiot light to an analog gauge. You still won't have numbers but you can at least see the pressures change.

All you do is change the sending unit to the older/bigger style and short out a resistor on the back of the gauge cluster.

Here is the thread for it in the usefulthread forum. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65575&highlight=oil+pressure

~Mark

thanks, I want an oil temp guage so I was wondering if I could use the stock sensor location. Now i'll just keep that stock pressure guage and add a oil temp guage.

thanks, I want an oil temp guage so I was wondering if I could use the stock sensor location. Now i'll just keep that stock pressure guage and add a oil temp guage.

Why? Most people want a real psi gauge?

Back