• Register Today It's free!

oil pressure

Daniel77

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited 4.0
hello guys . Sorry I ve been away for a while . my job and new house have been keeping me pretty busy . I have two problem I was wondering if some one could help me with . fist one is with my cooling system . The antifreeze keeps disappearing .???????? . drained the oil , none in the oil .Its not leaking no where
Ive pulled the plugs . they are all dry . ????????? It does get hot and boils over in to th over flow tank . But not a lot .the temp gauge does fluxuates from cold to hot to cold to half way back to cold . Ive changed the thermostate an radiator cap but no luck . I was going to take it to have it professionally flushed out . Think this might help???????
My other problem is my oil gauge lays on high when i start the truck. I have changed the sending unit , But it still does this . Any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out your muffler / tailpipe for excessive water / moisture. There's a small chance there could be a breech between the combustion chamber and a water jacket in the cylinder head. If this is the case, order yourself up some "steel seal" from amazon. Scotty Kilmer on youtube swears by the stuff, as well as AT -205 (the only leak sealer that seals leaks). It's a lead if nothing else.

coolant has to go somewhere, have you done a compression test yet?

You mentioned dry plugs but not their condition. If there burning coolant in the combustion chamber there will be desposits not wetness.

Oil pressure issue I'm not sure where to point you to. But know that the oil pressure gauge is not a remotely accurate one. It basically one shows if there is pressure or not. Any range of needle movement is not consistent or linear with actual pressure fluctuations

coolent loss

well found my problem , Pulled the heads and found back cylinder on drivers side was leaking in cylinder . Every thing looks ok . Cleaned block and heads . put heads back on . The lower intake does sealer have to go around rear/front water jacket an front /rear of block on both sides of gasket or can I just do the ends of the block ???? I have a 93 4.0 ohv ???? does any one have videos on this ???

thanks joey

Back