• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Oil pump problem

fubarman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pullman WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer
I am helping a friend he has a 94 explorer that has been sitting for a couple years. Tha cat was plugged so I replaced it with one that has been cleaned out. Took the explorer for a drive runs great now but oil pressure gage started dropping to nothing. Lifters had already been ticking. I change sending unit started engine good oil pressure then dropped to nothing. I put on mechanical gage started engine gage had 40 pounds then dropped to zero lifters making more noise.Drained oil put a mixture of diesel fuel and auto tranny fluid started engine and let idle no oil pressure. drain mixt and put in new 10-40 oil and filter changed filter started engine no oil pressure. I am certain it needs new oil pump.Does anyone know if I can drop pan with engine in car or do I have to pull the engine to drop the pan.

Thanks for the help

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
94 .....cant change the oil pump without pulling engine ?

any tutorial links for changing the oil pump and timing chain on 94 would be apreciated

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
Could be just a clogged screen, that happened to mine.I too have heard of people jacking the motor up and pulling it but dont know how, maybee with a body lift..if you replace it use a m328 HV pump