• Register Today It's free!

Oil reset limited to 20%

10xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Three Hills, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT
When I purchased my 2010 Explorer XLT last summer, I changed oil, then used the instructions in the owners manual to reset the oil indicator, but it would only reset to 30%. I have replaced oil again and tried multiple times to reset to 100 but it now only goes to 20%. I tried double tapping it and even disconnecting the battery, but it still doesn’t work. Any help would be very appreciated.

go to oil reset screen when it shows the percentage press and hold the reset switch it will decrease by 10% and release repeat till to get back to 100% then short press the reset and you are good to go. you can check the remaining oil life by going to setup menu, then system check.

go to oil reset screen when it shows the percentage press and hold the reset switch it will decrease by 10% and release repeat till to get back to 100% then short press the reset and you are good to go. you can check the remaining oil life by going to setup menu, then system check.
Thank you so much for your help! That worked!

Back