• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

ok got a couple of problems

exploder619

Reaction score
City, State
santee
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' xlt
I have a 40 channel midland cb with a magnet mount fiberglass antnna. It has a 16 foot cord also. I also have a p.a. hookuped on the same c.b. The problem that i have is i can only recieve transmission but not send it. And when i recieve it or transmit it, it comes out of the p.a. I have a p.a. and a external speaker plug ins. The p.a. is in the right one. If anybody can help please respond.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
have you tried unplugging the p.a. and talking then??? also, i would like to talk to you about your f150 seat install....

exploder619

Reaction score
City, State
santee
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' xlt
pm me and we will talk about it, i just went and bought a new cb.

Ray Hutchinson

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Dana Point, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
PA and no transmit

Exploder 619,

I assume that you have the PA switch or Knob set to the "off" or "radio" position. As you probably know, when in PA mode the radio will not transmit. I agree with removing the PA speaker plug from the jack on the radio and giving that a try. Also make sure the Microphone plug, (if the microphone isn't hardwired) is plugged in correctly. Usually this is difficult to do, but I have seen it. Also it is possible that the PA speaker jack on the radio has a problem. There are probably a set of contacts that alter the speaker circuit a bit for PA. Unfortunately to check this jack you will likely have to remove the cover(s)
of the radio, and even then the jack may not be accessible.

Hope this may be of help, and that somebody else who might have had this same problem and will suggest a fix..