Ok, Here's a really dumb question. . . | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ok, Here's a really dumb question. . .

Vikerex

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I'm trying to figure out if I have a factory alarm system installed on my vehicle. It's a 2000 Explorer XLT, I have the Theft light on the dash, keypad on the door, and a remote fob to lock/unlock the doors. When I push the lock button on the fob, once locks the doors, twice the horn beeps. I have tried to set the alarm off by pushing the fob twice, waiting a few minutes, and then reaching through the window, and opening the door. No alarm goes off. So I am wondering if there is an alarm installed?

Thanks,
Ted :confused:

I wouldnt really call it an alarm.. The only time it went off on me was when my dad accidently hit lock from outside on the keyless entry when i was inside. When I went to open the door, the horn started blaring. So apparently if you lock a car thief in your car, youll be safe. I dont honestly know what else it does.

....should lower your insurance rate a little if you have ANY type of alarm system

Mine has the System 6, and it's probably what you have too.. It just alarms if the wrong key is inserted into the ignition, and to shut it off, you have to put the right key in it and turn it on. I tried the same thing you did and mine didn't do anything either...

Back