ok I just about give up | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ok I just about give up

Replaced iac a few weeks ago , firing order is corect. Would have to lean towards fuel or spark it does seem to be running a bit rich. but on spark side coil,plugs and wires good had icm tested it was good.on fuel side pump,regulator,filter new removed injectors cleaned and new rings and caps. Also checked again and all are working...what am I missing ??? It has become my addiction to solve this..but its not looking good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He did the injectors and tested them recently... but if he had a blown one I would imagine it would throw a code... alright, back to the beginning; when did this problem start? What were you doing (if anything) to the vehicle in terms of maintenence or upgrades? Is there anything that might stand out to you in your mind?

i dont know if you checked already but id check the engine and frame grounds maybe add more than stock

Its had rough idle since I bought it about 4 years ago .i have gone over alot of the groung wires and just replaced both batt cables. This thing has almost no rust even on frame and underside .alawys been in garage and I take very good care of it .but will look at grounds again

May sound dumb.. but it really worked for me, Check your power steering pump.

Hell, that's not a bad idea at all. In fact, it might be aq good idea to pull the serpentine belt and look for ezcess resistance on all of the pulleys. After all, it couldn't hurt.

Replaced power steering pump gearbox and hoses tie rods pitman arn 2 years ago but could be bad pump what should I look for?

Like I said replaced power steering pump 2 years ago how ever the new pump has been very noisy you can hear it every time you touch the wheel.was told thats just how the pumps are on explorers.

The pumps on mine are quiet as a whisper (I have two Ex's)...

Just for giggles, can you pop the belt off and see if it turns freely?

i got 2 91 Navajo's and replaced the power steering pump on one of them. if they are not bled right they will squeal.

Brass sleeve tps

Hey anyone know about this tps about brass sleve at icm. Where rhis sleve goes and.iff I can get this part.anymore...thanks

Er...? No drunk posting! :D But seriously, can you post a pic of what you're describing? Also, if the X had this issue when you bought it then it could be that someone swapped in a part or computer flash that they shouldn't have, it might be worth going to the junk yard and pulling a new PCM and swapping it out.

Also, how did the pump pulley spin when you pulled the belt? And how does the power steering fluid look? I concur with the other guys that X pumps should be damned near silent, unless they weren't bled correctly. But then it should be a static (non-changing) issue that doesn't come/go or progress to being louder. I recently rebuilt my steering assembly. And the AGR pump was noisy for a bit while it broke in, then got nice and quiet.

Also, just for grins, if you wanted, I could mail you an extra PCM or two, as I have 4 spares (don't ask).

Well the tps I read just said the ground at icm was weak causing rough idle brass sleeve needed to be added to white and black wire....
I replaced pcm no change. And replaced power steering pump and flushed out and bled no noise now but idle the same

Well the tps I read just said the ground at icm was weak causing rough idle brass sleeve needed to be added to white and black wire....
I replaced pcm no change. And replaced power steering pump and flushed out and bled no noise now but idle the same

Also have new ball joints .wheel joints, clutch kit,flywheel,trans mount,sitting here just waiting to go in. just thought I would share that I am excited lol

Oh, you are talking about sleeving the ground wires to limit interference, just like most of the wires between the PCM and ICM have some metal sheathing for the same purpose.if you are loking at electrical interference limiters, have you replaced the signal dampner canisters that are located around the engine? One of those could be malfunctioning. Sorry, I'm not sure of their proper name,but one is bolted onto the coil pack bracket right below the plug; and I think that there are a coupe others hanging out by the fuse/relay panel, etc.

I think at this point your a good candidate for a real professional diagnosis. Either a good dyno shop, mechanic or even the dreaded dealer. They should be able to pinpoint it pretty quickly. Your probably looking at under $200. How much is YOUR time worth. I'm sure you've spent 10 times that by now.

I am taking it to a good shop in a week there doing my clutch and all ball joibts and front wheel joints there doing it all for 700 I send them alot of business have themm look it all over then

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds good; report back with findings.

Back