• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

OK, now I have stroke, but how do I balance it? Harmonic balancer issues

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
The 8.8 rear is very strong, that's the strongest link.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

kanuck15

Reaction score
City, State
Grampian, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ranger
Not in ranger form it isnt. 28 spline axles arent the best. The 31 spine you explorer guys have is maybe better. I figure a stout 306, a solid 4r70w, 4406 t case will do me right. That 8.8 will be the weak side.

This my first small truck build, I am normally wrenching on F350s with powerstrokes. So I am not to familiar with the abuse small stuff takes

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Not in ranger form it isnt. 28 spline axles arent the best. The 31 spine you explorer guys have is maybe better. I figure a stout 306, a solid 4r70w, 4406 t case will do me right. That 8.8 will be the weak side.

This my first small truck build, I am normally wrenching on F350s with powerstrokes. So I am not to familiar with the abuse small stuff takes
I forgot that you have the Ranger and 28 spline axles. Just upgrade to the 31 spline parts, and it will survive a bunch.:salute:

kanuck15

Reaction score
City, State
Grampian, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ranger
So will a 9 inch lol

I really should just put my time/money/energy back into my other trucks that can handle the power lol

Dono

347 V8 Limited turbo
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Limited V8