Ol' Dallas (04 Sport Trac) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ol' Dallas (04 Sport Trac)

Well ive been on this website a little while and have gotten numerous people asking about different things that I have done. Some examples would be the Fabtech lift spindles, rear sway bar disconnects, front hitch. So I thought I would create my registry where people could ask questions if needed.

Name is Blake and here is Ol' Dallas (my gf named it that, no idea why but its stuck)

I bought it with 50,000 miles and bone stock. As soon as I found this website to learn how to change the thermostat housing, I knew that had to change :D

For the front suspension I have Fabtech Ranger Edge 3" Lift spindles and the Torsion bars cranked about an inch. The rear suspension is some warrior 153 shackles and procomp add a leaf. About 4" all the way around.
Ive got 265/75/16C Goodyear Duratracs wrapped around Ion Alloy false beadlocks which I am going to tap the holes and add some bolts to complete the look.

I made some extended rear sway bars that are quick disconnects, hence the pin.

Here is the build thread.
Made some quick disconnect rear sway bar links

Next up was the front light bar a buddy and I made. Also in there is the hitch that I made more recently.

Ive "peeled-n-seeled" the whole inside of the truck to help with some noises.

Installed an on-board air system in the space between the passenger rear panel and the bed with access to the air from behind the blue plate in the bed. Ive got a 5 gallon tank held in by 2 ubolts I made out of 3/8" threaded rod and a 275 ViAir compressor. Also put in a computer fan to help keep it cooler in there.

My most recent project is the bed rack that I made to go on top of the factory bi-fold cover.

Coming up next is fabrication a new rear cross member to accomodate Fox 2.0 12" Reservoir shocks. I need about 1 1/2" more of up travel to make these work as effectively as I want them too. Should have gotten 10's but I didnt so it is what it is. Plus it gives me something to do :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A little more progress on my truck..
Built some uniball upper control arms from scratch...

Built a front prerunner bumper with three lightforce genesis 210 lights (super bright) with a full aluminum skid plate.

Put in a backup/blind tailgaters light.

Up next I got a Ford 9" axle out of a 69 F100 off a buddy and will be converting to a full floater axle and dropping in 4.10 gearing (also a DD) and an ARB. Also in the early design process for a 4.5" over long travel kit.

Did you remove the front hitch with the addition of the prerunner bumper?

Yeah, he just sold that and the light bar IIRC.

Yea both the light bar and hitch are gone.

nice sport trac

Back