Ol' Faithful | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ol' Faithful

I am the proud original owner of my 99 xlt. It has survived two cross country moves, three kids, many late night beer runs and one head on tree collision. Although it is a two wheel drive it hasnt kept me from recently transforming it into something better than how i got it. My wife bought it just before we got married so she picked the drive train. She factory ordered it with what she wanted, and since having our third child and aquiring a mini van, it became mine.
It went from this

Attachments

• explorer.JPG
    explorer.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 628
  • explwreck.JPG
    explwreck.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 634

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The explorer is looking good. Where did you find a 2 inch body lift? With the 2inch lift do you still need the steering extension?

I see you're from PA. Go PENS! I'm watching them play ovenchicken and the caps right now(intermission)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I see you're from PA. Go PENS! I'm watching them play ovenchicken and the caps right now(intermission)

Hell yeah! Pittsburgh, the city of champs. Ovenchicken hahah, i like it.

Inside

Cheap kenwood hu, only put it in for the ipod hookup, sony's in the doors, kicker 10" in back. The tom tom xl1 fits in the console perfect, i want to hard wire it but my wife steals it from me all the time.

Attachments

• DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 855
  • interior.JPG
    interior.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 949

Kicker sub for $30 when circuit city went out of business:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCN2419.JPG
    DSCN2419.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,026

Hell yeah! Pittsburgh, the city of champs. Ovenchicken hahah, i like it.

It's just a Pittsburgh Party in here, haha, kinda wants me to start a W.PA Explorers club:thumbsup:

i cant be in the club cuz i'm from chicago. Dont get me wrong, the blackhawks are kicking ass right now but i've been a pens fan since i was a kid

Haha, yeah. Not to say that I'm a BH fan, but I just don't hate them (and it's nice to see a team that can beat Detroit :) )

I love the pens, we have season tickets, went to every home playoff game last year, it was intense.

Do you get to pick your seats at the new arena? I may have to call you if i'm in pitt during the season.

Yeah, we've been getting teaser post cards from the pens showing different new features of the arena, then on the back it says we'll be getting info in early 2010. It'll also be nice cause we're friends with the guy that has seats next to us, and he just happens to be a State Rep with connections in the Pens Front Office, so we'll get the seats we want :) (First row of the second bowl, end zone where pens shoot twice).

Goin Stealth

Its not completely finished but its well on its way. It fits, sounds good, and is freeing up some much needed space. I now see why these are so expensive to buy, theyre a pain in the ass to build. I wanted to light it on fire and piss on the ashes a few times during the build and test fit. But now its done and i'm happy with it. Now, to hide my amp. maybe next week.

Attachments

• DSC00819.JPG
    DSC00819.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC00818.JPG
    DSC00818.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 242

Looks good. You gonna finish the panel at all? My subwoofer area is currently in pieces cause I'm replacing mine too. I'm just staying factory 8".

Its going to get covered but i havent decided what to use yet. Hopefully it wont be an eye sore for long, not that i can see it while i'm driving or even care but just so it doesnt look like its unfinished

looks good keep up good work

Bye Bye amp

So i moved my amp to under the passenger seat to keep prying eyes off of it. I am usually the only one in my car so having to remove the spring from the seat trac doesnt bother me. All should go well as long my boys can keep their wet feet off of it. It wouldnt fit in the opposite side of the back compartment and kept the back seat from folding flat if i put it there so it is where it is.

Attachments

• DSC01044.JPG
    DSC01044.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC01045.JPG
    DSC01045.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC01046.JPG
    DSC01046.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 224

The explorer looks nice! Any plans of a 4X4 transformation?

Its my everyday truck so it will stay 2wd. I do want to get a 3rd gen with the third row and 4x4 and lift that. The extra seat will make it easier on my kids.

Looks good, I'm finishing up my install today. Had to buy a new headunit cause the RCA's on my Alpine were non-functional :(

I mounted my amps on the "spring-loaded covers" like you had it, they are mounted on 1/2 inch mdf and bolted down, so nobody should get any ideas about wanting them, haha. I'll get some pics, and hopefully a video demo of it all tonight :)

You need a new Cubs sticker its looking washed out.

attachment.php

Are you out in the far west burbs, that neighborhood looks like Carol Stream or Bartlett.

I'm straight south of chicago about 30 minutes where I80 and I57 intersect

Done!

So i ran by the local custom shop (shockwave), and bought a yard of box carpet. I only needed a 2x2 ft square but he wouldnt do it. So without further ado....

Attachments

• DSC01060.JPG
    DSC01060.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC01061.JPG
    DSC01061.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 214

Back