• Register Today It's free!

Old member, new ST

kkreit01

Reaction score
City, State
Olathe, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac V8 2wd XLT
I'm an old member checking back in with a new Sport Trac. I've been inactive on here for the past 4 years. I recently traded in an 07 Fusion 2.3 for a new Sport Trac V8, XLT, 2wd: Vapor Silver, Audiophile, XLT Appearance Package, Class II/IV hitch. I've also added a Truxedo Roll-up tonneau, tint on front, and a Ford Bed Mat. I really like it thus far. I've always wanted a Sport Trac. Here's a quick pic:

ST_3.jpg

I previously had the following Explorers:

- '97 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
- '98 XLT 2wd 4.0 OHV
- '00 XLS 4x4 5.0 OHV

It's nice to be back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice love that color !!!!

nice sport trac it looks awesome u plan on doing mods to it.

I've added a KKM intake, and Infinity Kappa speakers (+ eDead) in all doors. My next major purchase will be Gibson or Magnaflow catback. There's not much more I have planned.

Very nice truck! :thumbsup:

kkriet

r u planning on getting duals or single exhaust on ur sport trac

Hey, looks just like mine! :D
Unless Magnaflow added a system, Gibson is the only cat-back kit available for the '07-up and it is a single 2.5" system. I have one. The fit is a little tight around the rear suspension but otherwise it slid right in. I did have to get shorter bolts for the flange behind the cat. Picked up 3 mpg highway, nothing in town.

johnny

u got pics of ur 08 sport trac

johnny

u got pics of ur 08 sport trac
Not many since I accidentally whacked most all of my Cardomain site. Looks just like kkreit01's though except mine is a V6.

Borrowed my bro-in-law's motorcycle trailer to move my kids from NY to my house last summer.
TracWTrailer.gif

I added Silverstar turn signal bulbs because they look blue but light up amber and look cool. :cool:
IMG_1624.gif

Also a Bugflector, Ventshades, and a vinyl tonneau from Tonneau Masters. The Gibson exhaust you can't really see except for the chrome tip but it sounds nice (if a bit loud inside) and picked up the mpg a little bit.

Thanks for the the input on the exhaust. Magnaflow has a catback for the V8: part # 16679. It is listed as 2.5". Gibson claims 3" pipes for the 4.6: part number 319901 for the alluminized version. Another option may be to just swap out the muffler, and delete the resonator. By the time I pay a shop to do all that, it may almost be as much as the Gibson alluminized catback.

My Gibson system slid right on, no probem. It cost about $350 at Summit, less the gift certificate my sister got me for Christmas. I got the aluminized and washed it with Dawn, roughed it up with some sandpaper, and painted it with hi-temp silver paint before I installed it. Truck was only three months old at the time and the OE system was covered in rust already. So far the Gibson still looks like new. We did have to find some shorter bolts and springs for where the pipe bolts onto the flange at the cat.

Back