OME Springs! Should I get Warrior Shackles Also? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OME Springs! Should I get Warrior Shackles Also?

Alto

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Home-Lake Mills, Wisconsin / Live-Saudi Arabia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 4DR XLT 4X4
My New OME 36 Rear Springs should be arriving soon. Then The Torsion Twist!

Who has Pictures of the Torsion Twist? Exactly with bolts do you tighten? I'm all about Laymans Terms!

My original springs are really worn I got no if any lift with the Add-A-Leafs. If I was keeping my Add-a-Leafs then I would get the Shackles to soften out the ride.

But with the new springs? What benifit if any will I gain with the Warrior Shackles? OR Should I just keep my $50.

I've got the Monroe Reflex Shocks not really Impressed the ride is a bit harsh. Maybe I just want to soft a ride? In that case would the Shackles Help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The shackles would not soften out the ride. If anything they would make it rougher. The shackles basically set a preload on the springs and give the spring less articulation. The torsion twist also sets a preload on the torsion bars.

The OME-36 springs give around 2 1/2"-3" lift. If you add shackles it will be way too high in the rear. The OME springs improve the ride a great deal. I am sure you will be happy with them.

shackles will not lessen articulation in fact they will increase it by letting the springs stretch (flatten out more and drop more) but yes u would be too high

Clint's right, the shackles will actually increase your articulation. Also, they will not change the harshness of the ride. When you change shackle length, you are basically just changing the distance between the rear spring and the frame. Same with twisting the torsion bars, all you are doing is changing the distance between the front of the vehicle and the ground. You are not applying any more force to the bars or the springs, just changing the point that the force is applied to.

Thanks for the Help! & Physics Lesson HaHa

I'm just getting the Spring and will be happy with them. I just hope they arrive soon. I'm like a kid with a new toy! Batteries not Included! Patience! Patience I know it all to well!

Thanks Everyone Pics Soon!

just curious alto... how much did those springs run? thanks!

Alto,
You're gonna love those new springs, and you will get alot of articulation with them. You don't need shackles with the OME-36's because they are 2" lifted springs.
Don't forget to get rid of the damper shock attached from your axle to the frame (5th shock).

Maybe to much!

I'm paying alot more that most of you in the states would pay. My old springs are worn so I need new ones anyway.

The price that I'm paying is about $330.00. It seems a bit high for me but ..
I need new ones!
I still want the lift they provide!
They want almost $200.00 for new OEM's. I feel that I'll be better off with the OME 36's.

Back