• Register Today It's free!

OME springs

txplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Sport
I have a 98 explorer sport, and can not seem to find any leaf springs by OME that will raise it up 2 inches. Does anyone have a part number, or know somewhere where I can order them from? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't think that the OME springs would raise it. I just thought they where better. But you can combine them with some Warrior shackles and have a great rear end... :mattmoon:

Yeah, I have shackles on it all ready. It is that monoleaf, so add a leafs are out of the question. The front still sits up about an inch and a half higher. Maybe the leafs from a four door would work, I could add a leaf to those. Will leafs from any year model 4 door explorer work, or does it have to be a 98 like mine? The prices at the spring shops are rediculous out here.

I am running a four door leaf pack. It isn't bad. They still eventually flatten out. But I am planning on getting an add a leaf to stiffen them or the ome springs. So if that is what you are looking for go for it. But you could do an add a leaf to the mono-leaf, just take out a spacer or two.

Originally posted by taxxman2k
I didn't think that the OME springs would raise it. I just thought they where better. But you can combine them with some Warrior shackles and have a great rear end... :mattmoon:

That's exactly what they will do. Raise your rear end 2"
The part number for the OME rear 2" lifted springs is OME-36. I had these before and they are great.

Good to know. Do they end up sagging like the factory springs? Did you use them with the warior shackles?

You are not going to have a problem with these springs. Once you take a look at them, you'll know what I mean.

ray, your ride.... is sweet. but dude do the OME springs actually lift it 2 inches or are they just like replacements? is it worth the price? thanks

I have not been able to find a dealer to order these springs from. Is there a number to call or website to order them from, like 4wheelparts, or desertrat? I dont see that theese guys deal the OME springs though. Thanx

I've got a "Western United States Dealer List" for ARB. It looks like Texas isn't considered western, but there are two shop in NM that are listed to carry OME products:

Banzai 4x4 located in Omaha, NM - (402)-558-6399
Randy's Shop located in Beatrice, NM - (402)-223-2721

Let Me Say This One More Time

Originally posted by birdman
ray, your ride.... is sweet. but dude do the OME springs actually lift it 2 inches or are they just like replacements? is it worth the price? thanks

The OME-36 Rear 2" lifted Springs will lift your rear by 2"

Why does every question this. They built these springs specificly for the Explorer to give it 2 inches of lift.

where

I live in Southern California, where can I get those OME springs and about how much do they cost?
thanks

Like Ray said, They lift the rear up 2 inches. I've had mine for about 7 months love em'. The construction of these springs are by far superior to the originals. They are very strong. I've been beating the cr*% out of them. Lots of Baja style offroading. I've found that the ride is alot better/smoother than the add-a-leafs.

i Just got my OME springs in today. I thought they came with bushings but i was wrong. I'm gonna install them friday once i get bushings pressed into them.

Here are some pics:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

i will have some better pictures soon...

If you don't mind me asking, how much were they and where did you order them from?

They don't come with becuase they were designed for a 1996 Explorer.. and use the factory bushings.. problem is, factory bushings are poly and most places don't stock them (even the big spring placed in Tucson don't have them)..

ford could order them.. would only take 5 days..

~Mark

i thought you wanted to put rubber bushing in these? i thought if you put poly bushings the ride would be to rough.

I talked to Bill at http://www.4by4connection.com/ earlier today and he can order all OME Parts. He was about $30 cheaper than my local ARB dealer here in Louisville, even with shipping.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4wheelparts.com is much cheaper than 4by4connection.com and shipping is free. I checked around because i got new OME's.

Back