• Register Today It's free!

ome suspension for 97 explorer

All American

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 5.0 xlt
does ome make suspension kits or parts for my 97 ford explorer? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything if I missed something please direct me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not according to their website.

Rancho seems to be a better option.

would you be able to tell me the negative effects a suspension lift will play in my explorer? also I checked ranchos site and cant seem to find it

What kind of suspension lift? How high do you want to go?

Torsion twist and add a leaf will give you an inch and a half of lift, but the ride will be slightly stiffer. Torsion twist and shackles will give a slightly stiffer ride in front, and your rear springs may flatten out sooner, but it will give you up to 2". If you want to go bigger, skyjacker produces the only suspension lift for the explorer, but it will make your wallet MUCH lighter. Most guys do TT AAL and a body lift.

Rancho makes shocks that are great on an explorer in both OE length and extended lengths for lifted trucks.

People don't even bother searching or reading the stickies or old threads anymore.

im looking for like 1-4 inches tops just something to start out in so my 31 all terrains will fit nice and look normal. mostly for light/medium trail and sand with maybe alittle mud on the trail from rain do you think 2 is enough? lift will be for function not fasion but looking nice helps :cool:

im looking for like 1-4 inches tops just something to start out in so my 31 all terrains will fit nice and look normal. mostly for light/medium trail and sand with maybe alittle mud on the trail from rain do you think 2 is enough? lift will be for function not fasion but looking nice helps :cool:

2 inches will be fine for 31's. Hell stock will be usable with 31's depending on width. TT and AAL for 2 inches should work nicely

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forum Runner

31s fit without a lift.

I guess for now then im just goin to level it and put bfg 31s on it..

does anyone by chance know any leveling kits for my truck?

Yes, they're free! All you have to do is tighten or loosen your torsion bar adjuster bolts if you need to make small adjustments to the front. If you want additional lift, you need either add-a-leafs for the rear, or shackles, or both. If you have AWD though, don't crank the torsion bars up more than 2" from stock ride height. Otherwise, you'll start damaging your cv shafts.

thanks! I keep hearing the torsion twists are bad though.. btw I see your a vet thankyou for your service I myself enlisted in the corps and am going to boot this summer. :salute:

Back