On Board Air for my 91 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

On Board Air for my 91

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Got another question for you sir.

I noticed you installed the pressure switch on the tank with a Tee. Did it have to go there, or could it have been installed at the other end of the feed line at the compressor? Does it matter?

Do you have a one way check valve in the line?

I suppose it could go at the compressor as the line pressure should be the same as the tank although I think the closer it is to the storage tank the better.

There is a check valve in the braided line coming off the Viair 480c compressor so the pressure doesn't back feed into the compressor. It was like that from the factory, I didn't have to add one. On that note, don't put the pressure switch upstream of the check valve if your compressor is equipped with one!

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Is this considered upstream?

20190215_162043.jpg

The check valve is on the other side of the tee, at the end of the braided line.