on board power house | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

on board power house

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Key word is "RUN" and maybe you missed it or over read it but i have a 220amp alt and two deep cycle marine batteries ran in parallel and a 1f capacitor for the stereo. My stereo is 3500watts and my ac converter is 4000watts.if you didn't see it all works fine,just don't have any fuses on my main line from my front battery.also i don't run the truck when i use all that stuff so I've seen my converter pull close to 200amps by itself without stereo and yes i know either won't pull that many watts all the time or also they rarely will run at the same time

Ok... well fair enough.... but just out of curiosity..... if you don't run all that stuff while your truck is on, then why are you worried about how many amps your alternator needs to provide to run that stuff? Sorry, just curious. I saw that you already had a few batteries and a high output amp, so I was just trying to say that you were fine to run all that with what you had.

Good idea idea to use that unused space...:thumbsup:

If i was really into subwoofers ... that'd be how i'd do my box!!!
Always dreamed up somethin like that ..
nice writeup !!!!

Thanks

Just to clear things up its a AC inverter,i will be fixing the mistakes in my post ;) hahaha

Just to clear things up its a AC inverter,i will be fixing the mistakes in my post ;) hahaha
that reminds me. why do you do a belt driven air compressor where the ac one was? itd be quieter and allow more room in your box for other stuff

Got a link?

Dual batteries behind the rear axle is a good modification for weight distribution. It lowers the center of gravity slightly and puts more weight over the rear axle and less on the front.

Are your batteries sealed? If not you may want to vent the battery compartment. You could do a vent tube like we do on our differentials.

ok so i see the front is attached to the cross member where the shocks are located, but what is the other end attached to?

better shot of how that end is supported... looking at doing thi for other reasons, but gonna steal your idea.. i will give you the creds tho when im done.. .

ok so i see the front is attached to the cross member where the shocks are located, but what is the other end attached to?

better shot of how that end is supported... looking at doing thi for other reasons, but gonna steal your idea.. i will give you the creds tho when im done.. .

Ill have to search for a pic.this is done on a 3" bl so if you don't have one the box will be pretty shallow .i removed the crossbar that the spare hang from.where that mounts is where i mounted the box support .one is where shocks mount and the other is where your rear body blocks support beam.one was like two inches lower tho.ill have to find pics of take some more.

Very Very Cool! Nice Work!

it wont have to be very shallow... i dont wanna do a bl cause then ill want bigger tires and deff better gears, wanna throw in a hidden sub and amp, since mine got stolen... to steal it this time they would have to unbolt the third seat and get to it... so im gonna steal your idea, change it up a lil but mostly your idea!

it looks great!

how do you keep your second battery charged?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it wont have to be very shallow... i dont wanna do a bl cause then ill want bigger tires and deff better gears, wanna throw in a hidden sub and amp, since mine got stolen... to steal it this time they would have to unbolt the third seat and get to it... so im gonna steal your idea, change it up a lil but mostly your idea!

it looks great!

how do you keep your second battery charged?

It just can't be real deep or it will hang below your frame.its run off the main battery under the hood.

Back