One Nation .... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

One Nation ....

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Joined
January 17, 2001
Messages
24,703
Reaction score
26
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated that there is no God, the expression, "One Nation Under God", was "unconstitutional", and further, he was going to prove there is no God. Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!" The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall. Ten minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting." His countdown got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine just released from active duty and newly registered in the class walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him ass over teacups from his lofty platform. The professor was out cold! At first the students were shocked and babbled in confusion. The young Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silent. The class fell silent...waiting. Eventually, the professor came to, shaken. He looked at the young Marine in the front row. When he regained his senses and could speak he lled, "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?" "God was busy. He sent me."
 



Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
.





RedEB

Well-Known Member
Joined
February 21, 2004
Messages
328
Reaction score
0
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
:D :chug:
I'm sure he'll probably have some charges pushed against him, but it was exactly what the doctor ordered! What a jackass, that sort of dramatics is really not needed. Besides, isn't college for education, not propaganda propulgation??
In my health ethics course (everyone remember the name of the course now and compare it to the lectures that I am going to discuss), the professor does nothing but bash Bush on being too capitalistic. He claims that Marx and Kerry (scary association) have the right ideals for America and the world. He even went so far as to say that Bush is promoting wrong, fundamentalist type of propaganda such as marriage after pregnancy. He claimed that marriage is a bond that his been forced onto us as a form of "slavery". This is a quote, "Marriage keeps us in line. It keeps us in line so that people don't have time to think for themselves or react to what government tells them to do."
This is a health ethics course... :confused:
I wish we had that marine! ;) :D
Greg :usa:
 






MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
RedEB said:
:D :chug:
I'm sure he'll probably have some charges pushed against him, but it was exactly what the doctor ordered! What a jackass, that sort of dramatics is really not needed. Besides, isn't college for education, not propaganda propulgation??
In my health ethics course (everyone remember the name of the course now and compare it to the lectures that I am going to discuss), the professor does nothing but bash Bush on being too capitalistic. He claims that Marx and Kerry (scary association) have the right ideals for America and the world. He even went so far as to say that Bush is promoting wrong, fundamentalist type of propaganda such as marriage after pregnancy. He claimed that marriage is a bond that his been forced onto us as a form of "slavery". This is a quote, "Marriage keeps us in line. It keeps us in line so that people don't have time to think for themselves or react to what government tells them to do."
This is a health ethics course... :confused:
I wish we had that marine! ;) :D
Greg :usa:

More propaganda from the leftist school teachers. I had teachers like that and I would sit and argue with them, until they stopped arguing and moved along with class.
 






Iowa Hick

Well-Known Member
Joined
March 4, 2003
Messages
922
Reaction score
0
City, State
Bloomfield, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
Not that there aren't teachers that do that kind of crap, but I am relatively sure this was a joke.
 






aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Joined
January 17, 2001
Messages
24,703
Reaction score
26
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Jake Howk said:
Not that there aren't teachers that do that kind of crap, but I am relatively sure this was a joke.

It was indeed a joke.....
 






Iowa Hick

Well-Known Member
Joined
March 4, 2003
Messages
922
Reaction score
0
City, State
Bloomfield, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
I thought so, but people seemed to be taking it awfully serious.
 






funnyperson1

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
City, State
NOVA (aka Home) for Summer, Blacksburg, VA (aka VT) for Spring/Fall
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 96 XLT
Yeah I was starting to doubt it was a joke with the reaction by RedEB.

Personally I think people should just keep their opinions about God to themselves, the world would be a happier place.
 






MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
funnyperson1 said:
Yeah I was starting to doubt it was a joke with the reaction by RedEB.

Personally I think people should just keep their opinions about God to themselves, the world would be a happier place.

...and most other things...
 






RedEB

Well-Known Member
Joined
February 21, 2004
Messages
328
Reaction score
0
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Yeah I was starting to doubt it was a joke with the reaction by RedEB.
I knew it was a joke. I was actually refering to the dramatics involved with the prank, not as an actual attack. ;)
I just think that sort of theatrics detracts from the overall professionalism of a course...but I am a boring Biology major after all. :p
 






Top