One of my current projects: F150 Rancho Lift rebuild | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

One of my current projects: F150 Rancho Lift rebuild

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Here is one of my current projects:

My roomie (with the '00 F150) bought a 4" Rancho lift, 35" BFG MTs (on 17s), and front and rear gears, for $950! :eek:

The lift kit looked a little beat because it came red, and the dude painted over it black. My roomie wasn't sure what he was going to do with it. So I told him I'd take it, hot-tank it, and get it lookin bad ass again. :D

lift1.jpg

Here is what it looked like when it came to the house. :(

lift2.jpg

Eventhough it looks like ass I am still damn jealous. :D

lift3.jpg

After the hot-tank bath. :eek:

lift4.jpg

If you guys don't have a hot-tank, I highly recommend you get one! They're baaad! :D

lift5.jpg

Rattle-can primering :cool:

lift6.jpg

This is where we are now. We already got the paint to use in my new sprayer. :cool: We should be painting the parts on Friday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be jealous too. $950.00 for lift wheels and tires, your roomie got a great deal.

Originally posted by sncwfo99
I'd be jealous too. $950.00 for lift wheels and tires, your roomie got a great deal.

You left out gears....:eek:

Yeah, gears, no wheels. When I said "on 17s" I meant MTs for 17" wheels, which are more spendy than 15s or 16s. :D

Still on schedule for Friday. :cool:

Thats a great deal:D Sounds like he has good friends too:D

Back