one stuck explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

one stuck explorer

I have 92 silver explorer before i put 31 1/2 tires on it. But i decided to take it 4-wheeling any ways. I drove it over a hill and went by without a problem, then i went back over it and grounded. My friend and my cousin and i walked down the roads for a while to go to my friends uncles house to see if he had somthing to pull my ford off the hill. Well, there was a priest across the road that said he would do it. Surprisingly his tow rope kept snapping, though his Z71 was pullin good. He took us back at my friends uncles house and we got shovels and dug the car out litterally, for about two hours. well I got 31 inch tires on and we went back and easily conquered the mud roads that we got stuck on. email me for some pictures. (they are pretty cool) Dixieguy85@aol.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site charlton.... you'll find all you ever wanted to know and more about explorers and rangers right here.... email me some pics... i want to see it... jimabena74@explorerforum.com

thanks for the welcomes. i am goin to get a new explorer. its a 98 stick and 4x4. i wanted to know if you can get an engine start for a stick, my friends tell me that i could get one but id have to leave the gear in neutral... is that true?

ive seen places that can do it... but of course youd have to leave it in N.

thanx, thats good to know

4 wheel drive doesnt work if you dont have any wheels on the ground. ive been in the same situation. all you need is a lift some fat tires, a winch, some low gears, and a bottomless wallet.

Dead Link Removed

yea, but we didnt have that option, all we had was shovels! god that was a work out

i apologize for the picture quality. its not bad quality but all i had was my camera watch.what looks like 6 feet away from the car was really 12 feet away

i would have tride to fenagle a jack under the fron somewhere and try to get the weight off of th eframe. but a good dig does the body good.

Can someone post a pic or two on here? Thanks

~Yomie~

Back