one touch up/down drivers window explorer 2010 V8 does not work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

one touch up/down drivers window explorer 2010 V8 does not work

neron991

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, Explorer, limited
Hi, I'm a little frustrated because I haven't been able to get my 2010 ford explorer to work with one touch. Does anyone know how to configure them?

Hi, I'm a little frustrated because I haven't been able to get my 2010 ford explorer to work with one touch. Does anyone know how to configure them?
Maybe this will help:

Window Motor Initialization — Front​

NOTE: Initialization is required to learn both the full UP and full DOWN positions and the profile of the glass as it travels through the glass channel. Once initialized, obstacle detection is enabled.

A new (original factory setting) or de-initialized LH front window motor will not operate in one-touch up or one-touch down mode until initialized. If a new LH front window motor has been installed, proceed to the initialization procedure.

The front window motor must be de-initialized, then initialized whenever the LH front window motor is removed from the window regulator drum housing, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, a new top run isinstalled or for any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window regulator or glass run.

De-initialization procedure
1. Hold the LH front door open.
NOTE: Steps 2 and 3 must be performed within 8 seconds.

2. Cycle the ignition key from OFF and back to ON 5 times.
NOTE: The glass will stop moving after a short distance during this step.

3. Press the LH front window control switch to the one-touch DOWN position (second detent) and release.

4. Verify that the LH front window does not operate in one-touch up or one-touch down modes. If the window still performs one-touch up/down operations, carefully repeat this procedure.

Initialization procedure
The LH front window must be in the full OPEN position for this procedure to operate correctly.

NOTE: If the initialization procedure is only partially completed, the LH front window motor will remain de-initialized and will not operate in one-touch up or one-touch down mode.

5. Hold the LH front door open.
6. Cycle the ignition key from OFF and back to ON 5 times.
7. Press and hold the LH front window control switch until the window glass stalls for one second at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.

NOTE: If this operation is interrupted at any time before the window glass stalls into the glass top run, repeat Steps 6 through 8.

8. Pull and hold the LH front window control switch until the window glass stalls for one second into the glass top run and release the switch. 9. Test the LH front window for correct operation by carrying out the one-touch-up and one-touch-down features.
Initialization procedure

Maybe this will help:

Window Motor Initialization — Front​

NOTE: Initialization is required to learn both the full UP and full DOWN positions and the profile of the glass as it travels through the glass channel. Once initialized, obstacle detection is enabled.

A new (original factory setting) or de-initialized LH front window motor will not operate in one-touch up or one-touch down mode until initialized. If a new LH front window motor has been installed, proceed to the initialization procedure.

The front window motor must be de-initialized, then initialized whenever the LH front window motor is removed from the window regulator drum housing, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, a new top run isinstalled or for any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window regulator or glass run.

De-initialization procedure
1. Hold the LH front door open.
NOTE: Steps 2 and 3 must be performed within 8 seconds.

2. Cycle the ignition key from OFF and back to ON 5 times.
NOTE: The glass will stop moving after a short distance during this step.

3. Press the LH front window control switch to the one-touch DOWN position (second detent) and release.

4. Verify that the LH front window does not operate in one-touch up or one-touch down modes. If the window still performs one-touch up/down operations, carefully repeat this procedure.

Initialization procedure
The LH front window must be in the full OPEN position for this procedure to operate correctly.

NOTE: If the initialization procedure is only partially completed, the LH front window motor will remain de-initialized and will not operate in one-touch up or one-touch down mode.

5. Hold the LH front door open.
6. Cycle the ignition key from OFF and back to ON 5 times.
7. Press and hold the LH front window control switch until the window glass stalls for one second at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.

NOTE: If this operation is interrupted at any time before the window glass stalls into the glass top run, repeat Steps 6 through 8.

8. Pull and hold the LH front window control switch until the window glass stalls for one second into the glass top run and release the switch. 9. Test the LH front window for correct operation by carrying out the one-touch-up and one-touch-down features.
Initialization procedure
Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately does not work. Do you know if that function comes directly from the window motor or is it a separate module?

For 2010 with auto up/down, it's all in the motor. The switch just sends the signal and I doubt both up and down detent positions would fail there. Sound like the motor?
Earlier models (2006-2008?) just had auto down and the function was in the switch and use a different calibration procedure for those years.
I retrofitted my 2007 for auto up/down and learned more about "auto-pinch" Window controls than I ever wanted to know.

Here's what the wiring for 2010 drivers side looks like:
1668457048068.png

Back