Onfair DVD install opinions... (bad) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Onfair DVD install opinions... (bad)

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
Easy to install but the neck support on these devices is just asking for severe neck injury in a collision. The difference in your neck position is about 3-4 inches Vs stock and you cannot rest your head on the rest while driving un,ess you hyper extend your neck. I emailed them but A's expected the told me to fly a kite (in not so many words). If anyone wants to buy mine I'll ship it for $200..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are you talking about

You talk'n about an aftermarket DVD player that you slip over the headrest???

What is OnFair DVD?

Yes im talking about an aftermarket DVD headrests unit from a company called "OnFair" that was mentioned on this website. I would never recommend anyone buy one for the explorer. The upper back rest of the explorer sits too far out and there would not be enough neck support. the customer service people pulled their "no refund" policy on me so Im stuck with them in my garage.
Although I think they would fit in other cars with thinner seats

www.onfair.com

Its actually AutoTain DVDs but the company that sold them is onFair

Yes im talking about an aftermarket DVD headrests unit from a company called "OnFair" that was mentioned on this website. I would never recommend anyone buy one for the explorer. The upper back rest of the explorer sits too far out and there would not be enough neck support. the customer service people pulled their "no refund" policy on me so Im stuck with them in my garage.

www.onfair.com

Their website scares me!

DVD players and drillbits?

www.onfair.com

did you buy the 7" or 9"? im assuming yours are black? do they match the seats pretty good?

Same situation with mine. I'm guessing any aftermarket DVD headrests are going to be the same way. The Ex is very wide at the top of the seat.

I spent a lot more for my aftermarket ones at www.headrestvideo.com (about $1300) but they are custom matched to the Explorer's leather, and they ratchet forward if needed. They are still not as comfortable as the original headrests, but not too bad.

did you buy the 7" or 9"? im assuming yours are black? do they match the seats pretty good?

9" and the leather matches very well

I would agree the DVD headrests definitely don't support the back of your head nearly as well as the Ford ones -- I posted my own installation pictures in another thread (these were similar headrests, made by Eonon). It's my biggest peeve with these headrests.

I see the Autotain rests do tilt forward -- does this help the support at all?

I hope this might be a solution for those who don't want to replace their factory headrests. I purchased the Philips PD9012 portable DVD player, which comes with two 9" screens if you want one on each side. I only put one up on long drives when I know my daughter is going to get bored.
async

It easily plugs to your AC/DC plug or cigarette outlet if you have the XLT.
async

The strap around the headrest does not interfere with the comfort of the factory headrest.
async

And not to attract theives, you can slide the whole thing under the passanger seat when not in use.
async

So far, I haven't had any problems with it.

Best Buy has refurbished ones for only $89.99.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Philips...eens/1897085.p?id=1218299588229&skuId=1897085

Back