• Register Today It's free!

Only one speaker is working

generalchaos

Reaction score
City, State
belleville
Year, Model & Trim Level
none
Well for a while the speakers in my 93 have been on and off, some of them would cut out when I hit bumps and stuff, and I could usually hit the dash near the radio and get it to come back on.

well slowly but surely they just wouldnt come back on, now only the front passenger side speaker is working, and every once in a while I will hear some static from the driver side but thats it.

I figured maybe it was the stock radio since it never really worked that good to begin and it would cut in and out sometimes, or maybe the amp getting old, so I got a cd player from my buddy, hooked that all up, did the same thing before and after the amp bypass.

All my wiring is good as ive done this plenty of times, but even now the power will cut on and off to the new cd player. im not sure where to look on this, I dont think 3 speakers wires would happen to all wiggle loose at the same time in the doors, and all the wires/connectors seem in good shape as far back as I can see them.

any ideas before I have to start tearing into this thing?

Did you figure out the problem here? I replaced all four door speakers in my 2004 Explorer. All were working fine until today where only front right is working. Frustrating scenario considering all four speakers are brand new.

Back