Ontario explorer owners, anybody else seeing bad fuel milage? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ontario explorer owners, anybody else seeing bad fuel milage?

machine4321

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 sport
Im guessing the winter gas is now in the pumps but after the fuel sender recall I have seen a decrease in milage. Usually aveeage about 11-11.5l/100km, we are now seeing 13.5. Wife drive the same route every day and its a mix of hiway and intown.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im guessing the winter gas is now in the pumps but after the fuel sender recall I have seen a decrease in milage. Usually aveeage about 11-11.5l/100km, we are now seeing 13.5. Wife drive the same route every day and its a mix of hiway and intown.

No decrease in gas mileage for me.....still averaging about 10.5 L/100km's on a consistent basis.....

Live in Ottawa and I did see a decrease, usually around 10 - 10.5. Now we are seeing high 11's.

Keep in mind I've only had the EX for about 1 month now. But we've been keep a good idea on our l/100's

I have a 2012 therefore I believe that recall does not affect me. So I am assuming it must be winter gas...

Hoping that is the case. It has always been very consitant. My eife isnt the smoothest driver but she is consistantly unsmooth lol.

She did just mention that she hasnt been very nice to it lately. Im going to go to her work in a bit and I will see if I get the usual 10ish that I normally get.

Its mostly her lol. I got my usual 9.5 on the way there and round trip at 10.2. Although it was a bit harder then normal. If cruising at 100kph it was worse then normal.

I haven't seen any change in my fuel mileage. With the amount of short trips I usually drive it seems to stay fairly steady at 12.0 to 12.2 L/100 km. Not great but then I only have to fill it every 8 - 10 weeks. :)

Peter

Back