Open Connector under brake master cylinder. What's it for? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Open Connector under brake master cylinder. What's it for?

torqlox

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Explorer XLS
I was inspecting my cc system and found this connector. Anyone know what it's for? Thanks!

20120703_212446.jpg

20120703_212451.jpg

20120703_212456.jpg

20120703_212510.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's the cable for the pressure switch on the end of the master cylinder? (1st pic)

Where's the cable for the pressure switch on the end of the master cylinder? (1st pic)

I set it aside because I'm in the process of replacing the SC deactivator
switch (orange one on top). Just curious about this bottom one.

Anyone? :confused:

odds are that it is a height sensor connector or associated with that height system.

odds are that it is a height sensor connector or associated with that height system.

Thanks. I am going to look for dangling female connectors this weekend when I jack'er up. Planning on re-conneting the ARC anyway, so this will be part of the process.

Still nothing. Getting pretty frustrated :(

Dont get frustrated. The same harness is used for any number of different optioned vehicles. That connector probably goes to some option you do not have. If everything works on your truck, I wouldn't worry about it.

not in wiring diagrams

I looked thru my 2000 wiring diagrams for the connectors. They are shown in the harness drawings but the connectors are not identified with a label. I looked thru possible associated circuit diagrams and they do not show up. I suspect the connections were used on an earlier model, on export models, or may be used only during manufacturing for test purposes.

Thanks. I am going to look for dangling female connectors this weekend when I jack'er up. Planning on re-conneting the ARC anyway, so this will be part of the process.

I guess that begs the question ... who disconnected it??? And IF SO... do you have arc shocks?

I guess that begs the question ... who disconnected it??? And IF SO... do you have arc shocks?

The truck has conventional shocks right now, probably a poor attempt at eliminating the ARC by the prior owner. My question is, are there any ARC components that sit under the brake master cylinder, or connect nearby for that purpose? My knowledge has it that the compressor is at the rear of the vehicle?

yes the compressor is in the back area but I do believe there are sensors / wiring in a "few places" to cause the system to do something. I don't have the option OR any plugs that your pictures show (just got mount holes in the wheel well). My "guess" was from a very poor "locations" picture.

I found more connectors under the truck. Won't know for sure what's going on until I put her on jack stands and take a look underneath. I'll be pretty upset if complete harnesses are missing. Will make project "ARC Revival" that much more tedious.

Back