open windows with key fob and heated side mirrors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

open windows with key fob and heated side mirrors

foxtemple

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
2011 explorers do not have the feature that enable you to open and close your windows from the key fob right? Also, do 2011's have heated side mirrors? I have BLIS and I wasn't sure if you still get the picture of a heated mirror if you have bliss.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2011 explorers do not have the feature that enable you to open and close your windows from the key fob right? Also, do 2011's have heated side mirrors? I have BLIS and I wasn't sure if you still get the picture of a heated mirror if you have bliss.
It would help if you updated your profile with the model of Explorer since they are not all the same. That way the model will show in the left margin.
Your Owner's Guide mentions Heated Mirrors (if equipped) in several places. This indicates to me that not all models have them. I have the 2011 Limited and it has heated side view mirrors. There is nothing in the mirror to indicated they are heated. At least not in the Limited.
I just checked the 2011 Explorer brochure I have and it shows heated mirrors just for the Limited. I'm guessing the Sport would also have them.

As for opening the windows with the fob, you are correct. It doesn't work on the Explorer and it was discussed not that long ago.

Peter

Last edited:

My '11 with BLIS has heated mirrors. It doesn't show the heated mirror icon, but they still de-ice when the rear defroster is turned on.

The order guide shows heated mirrors are standard on XLT and up models, even with BLIS.

It would help if you updated your profile with the model of Explorer since they are not all the same. That way the model will show in the left margin.
Your Owner's Guide mentions Heated Mirrors (if equipped) in several places. This indicates to me that not all models have them. I have the 2011 Limited and it has heated side view mirrors. There is nothing in the mirror to indicated they are heated. At least not in the Limited.
I just checked the 2011 Explorer brochure I have and it shows heated mirrors just for the Limited. I'm guessing the Sport would also have them.

As for opening the windows with the fob, you are correct. It doesn't work on the Explorer and it was discussed not that long ago.

Peter

Hey Peter,

Is there a thread on how to get my info on the left margin? I have it on the bottom already.

Thank you

Hey Peter,

Is there a thread on how to get my info on the left margin? I have it on the bottom already.

Thank you
Sorry about that. I didn't notice it as part of your signature. I guess I'm used to checking the margin.
You should be able to enter the info there by going to User CP, then Edit Your Details. Once there, look at the bottom of the first box and there is a box in which you can put your Year & Model.
Hope that helps and my apology for not seeing it where you currently have it.

Peter

Our Audi and the daughters VW CC had that option -
nice feature to hold down the remote and the windows would open...

(course you hoped it only worked when you WANTED it to work ) bebad if the keyfob in the purse rolled down the windows and opened the sunroof when it was raining !!!)

Back