• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Opening Unread Threads

JAPeterson

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT
Ever since the forum has been upgraded I have trouble at times in opening up threads to the first unread answer/question.

When I click on it the firs page in the whole thread will open, the only way for me to open to the last post is to click on the time stamp on the right hand side.

This is using a computer running Win10 and Firefox 81.0 as a browser.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JAPeterson

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT
When I have the problem I am clicking on the threads title when it is highlighted. 90% of the time it will take me to the first unread post, but at times it takes me to post # 1 in the whole thread.

Then to actually go to the last post and backtrack I'll click on the time stamp of when the last post was made.

Attachments

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
That's actually the way it's supposed to work. The title takes you to the original post, and the time stamp takes you to the last post.

JAPeterson

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT
I just tried to open this thread that I have looked at before but it showed that there were new post.

It took me to the first post in the thread.

This is the only forum that I am on that is giving me this problem

JAPeterson

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT
That's actually the way it's supposed to work. The title takes you to the original post, and the time stamp takes you to the last post.
Why is it on other post that it takes me to the first unread post?

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

From that page I get the expected results. Clicking on the thread title on the left brings me to the first posts, and clicking on the date stamp brings me to the newest post :dunno:

JAPeterson

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT
I just clicked on the highlighted portion of the thread title here and it brought me right to your post Rick, not to the first post in the thread but to post # 7

I did not click on the time stamp on the right side

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I just tried it and it brought me to post 1. I'm also on Firefox, but on a Mac laptop.

I also tried it on my smartphone with the same results :dunno:

JAPeterson

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT
It just brought me to post #9 this time.

As I mentioned it works strange. Everything will be fine for a while and then it will start bringing me to post #1 in the threads. There is no reasoning on when it will or won't do it.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Sorry about that. There is a new version in the works. Just waiting for it to come out of beta testing. Hopefully it will straighten itself out with the update.