Reaction score
City, State
Shaw AFB, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 BLACK 4.0 XLT
IMG00100-20110313-1422-1-1.jpg

this is my X ... (obviously i need to take some more pics of her) haha

im kinda looking at this setup ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i love the look of billet grilles but im worried that all that "bling" is gonna make my truck look stupid and maybe even ricey ... im usually not a fan of chrome at all but i want to get an aftermarket grille ... also in the future im getting a brushguard ... i just think this might stand out too much with everything being dark ... theres a possibility of painting it black but really dont want to go that route as i dont like the "murdered" look

OPINIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I run the same stock chrome grill that you have. Although its not the best looking or matching grill out there, I say it looks the best. Its the only chrome thing on my truck, yet still looks ok. You'll have your alloys, light trim, and stripe to match up to the new grill on eBay. I say go for it. :thumbsup:

It would look badass Darrell. Someone on here is runnin that 4 peice grill. Can't remember who tho

I know they make similar style grills painted black. You might want to consider that if you don't want the bling factor.

My Grill

I painted mine black , they do already come black.Would like to find a blk mesh though.

Attachments

• Boating038.jpg
    Boating038.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 484

for the guys who got a billet grille and painted it: how/what was your process in painting it ?

A better view ( mine was the stock EB plastic grill ) just sanded and painted

Attachments

• Boating041.jpg
    Boating041.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 465

I have the four piece on mine, I think it looks sweet. It would look good on yours too.

Cortney got any pics? Actually any and all pics of the horizontal billet grilles would be appreciated

here's mine

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

Do like mine :D
J-1.jpg

grille5.jpg

nate i saw your grille for sale on the classifieds ... WTF ??? i wish i wouldve knew lol when/if you get rid of the x are you going to let the headlights go with it?

nice ride cortney ... i just think that might bee too much for my x ... anyone seen the 4 piece in black on ebay?

dude i totally agree that the chrome/ricer look is not something i'd ever go for. I wouldnt say to disregard the idea of painting it black ... chrome or black it isnt going to be your absolute favorite look. But with those mud terrains on, and your lift looking as good as it does, it only looks a tad cheesy ... but once you get your brushgaurd, that will look sick. whether its black or chrome, it will look awesome. go for it.

nate i saw your grille for sale on the classifieds ... WTF ??? i wish i wouldve knew lol when/if you get rid of the x are you going to let the headlights go with it?

I just got a red 2nd gen for free a month back. So Im gonna have 2. But either way the headlights would stay with the ex.

I also thought about painting or powder coating it grey or a gunmetal color ... how much does powder coating usually run?

I say buy the billit and paint it black or buy it black, whatever, but it would look bad a$$ with a couple fogs behind the main grille and your little fogs behind the bottom grilles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back