opinions needed, might buy another 'x' and have some parts to sell then... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

opinions needed, might buy another 'x' and have some parts to sell then...

chris c

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
i have a 91' xlt metalic green with saddle interior w/ 190k miles. it has about 40k on the engine and about 10k on the tranny. i have done much maintenance and mechanical work on the truck so it runs and drives great. it's just that the body is startng to rust to the point that it looks bad. i bought the doog legs and rockers from rustrepair.com but, but i still need to make the passenger wheel arch as that is starting to rust and my tailgate is rusted beyond belief...

i can get another 91 with a better body [still rusted out in the dog leg and rocker area but goo wheel arch openings and a perfect tailgate. it is the same truck as mine, 91, green w/ saddle. it has 154k and the engine has had the top end freshed up and it runs perfect. the tranny is shot. i can get it for $500.

i am in no position to go out and buy a new vehicle so i was considering buying this x and either swapping my tranny into it and then doing the bodywork or using it cut panels off and fix mine... hmmmmmm. what to do...

if i get it i will have many cheap 1st gen parts to sell off if anyone is in need....

Back