• Register Today It's free!

Opinions on price

GrafX

Reaction score
City, State
NE Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Because I lack negotiating skills and never bought a new car, I would like an opinion on this price. Basically, after all the discounts (Costco, incentives, etc.) the number circled in red would be just about the total after taxes, doc fee, licence stuff. Good or bad deal? Thanks!

CzvFvl3.png

Sorry, I may have to ask you guys a few more times with other prices this week because I'm officially in some dealership databases now lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure where I see TTL??? I think that price is before taxes et. al.

Try using truecar.com see what they say the true price is.

I'm not sure where I see TTL??? I think that price is before taxes et. al.

I just abbreviated the numbers based on this invoice they sent me, for the sake of comparison of my discounts + final total -vs- invoice.

As far as truecar, I still reference it but prefer a little more accuracy by using more than one resource for statistics. Angies List is an example of how one resource can corrupt results.

The number circled in red is the true invoice price with exception to the 3% holdback. They are making $1,441.05 on the sale of the vehicle at that price.

I can't help you with the whole TTL because every state is different. What I will say is that the price in red is a great price as long as they are deducting the rebates from that price as well. And then you add TTL..

Although I like to get the best deal possible, I feel a dealer has a right to keep their holdback so I don't negotiate that unless they offer it on their own.

I always considered the Factory Invoice price as my starting point when buying a new vehicle. Anything within a few hundred, either way, and I was happy. I was able to get my XLT at $1100 under Factory Invoice after figuring in my incentives (+TTL) after negotiating with a TrueCar certified dealer. The best I could find from a non-TrueCar dealer was around $500 over Factory Inv. Quite a difference in prices.

So if your circled price was before adding your incentives...you did VERY well!

The circled price is simply a reference point. That is the dealer invoice. It's circled because this is "approximately" what it would cost me after all the incentives available at my disposal. I just wanted other opinions at this point. Thanks!

The circled price is pretty much my cost after all the incentives & TTL are rolled in. Very much appreciated. Thanks, bro. :)

Is that the bottom line the dealer is offering? I got my '16 XLT w 1000 off and then he price matched another 600 off of invoice price. Basically aim to hit 10% off of MSRP. Or try to anyway.

Is that the bottom line the dealer is offering? I got my '16 XLT w 1000 off and then he price matched another 600 off of invoice price. Basically aim to hit 10% off of MSRP. Or try to anyway.

Got one for $45,000 with the 401A package and moonroof, etc. Couldn't pass it up. Thanks.

Back