Optima Battery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Optima Battery

X

X-Man

I want to change my battery to a optima battery, do anyone know how many cranking amps is needing for a Explorer? I don't know which one I should get the yellow (700 amps) or red(800amps)optima batery.

Thanks
X-Man Dead Link Removed

you know the yellow is a deep cycle battery like boat battey, or power supply and less like a starting battery although it will work , everyone i have met with optimas in their truck that ... other than winch owners... use the red 800cca, hell ive got a 1050 cca just cause it was in it when i got it, go figure. good luck, i will probably run dual 800 reds when i get the winch installed.

Thanks Kyle, I was told the yellow can drain almost all the way down and still have power in reserve to crank your truck, but hpefully I won't be cranking the system that long to drain the battery, so I guess the red top will do. Thanks again

X-Man

I have a red in my explorer it works just fine. After being in the sterio buisness for 3 years I would not recomend the yellow for your primary batterie. Go with the red then if you want to add the yellow for just the sterio or something that will work great.

test.....

[This message has been edited by Kris Guilbeaux (edited 07-14-1999).]

Back