Orange Crush II -Prerunner/tuff truck Rebuild. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Orange Crush II -Prerunner/tuff truck Rebuild.

Well, after crunching the body on my tuff truck build, I'm gunna keep running it this summer,and fall, into the winter. But I'm in the process of gathering parts. Searching for new Shortbed 4wd frame to start with. This build will be getting Deaver springs as the 1st build planned, Full witdh 8.8 trussed, D44ttb, no body lift, most of my drivetrain from my version 1, but wanting to pump more power from the engine? Unsure what route to go yet, I wanna stick with the stock heads to save money and I allready have torque Monster headers for stock heads. Also planning on running fiberglass. And of course Allis Chalmers Orange:

Version 1:
007-13.jpg

After Roll on the farm:
005-18.jpg

At State Fair racing:
014-13.jpg

Video of the race:
th_018-10.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Really digging this front clip on 93-97 stlye cab. 09 Fiberglass front from Perrys Fab
09frontclip.jpg

Or digging the Raptor styling bedsides and front clip.
bedsides_ranger2raptor_01.jpg

1piece_ranger2raptor_08.jpg

Been doing some research today regarding making more power out of my 5.0.
What kinda bums me out is I allready have Torque Monster headers but for stock heads. Kinda thinking some Trick Flow heads and cam would be pretty good, but then that renders my current headers useless. Anyone have any idea what gains, i would get just from a better cam? sticking with Gt40P heads and TM headers??

I like the 09 fiberglass front. The raptor is cool, but I'm not sure I like it. My only concern is after you spend all that money on the glass that you will roll and tear it up.

For power...Have you gotten a tune yet? What gears are you running?

I like the A.C orange. My buddy has a 40's vintage allis.

Ya, be harder to roll, cause gunna be alot wider and lower, so that will help. Ya im not sure about the raptor glass yet either. I do have a tune. I have a 5spd so needed tune to delete tranny.

Unfortunely this project has been canceled, I think im gunna just use a beater for tuff truck racing and build another weekend warrior. So stay tuned, trying to gather donor vehicles.

Back