Order 2017 Explorer in Dec '16 or wait until Jan '17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Order 2017 Explorer in Dec '16 or wait until Jan '17

WallaceMI

Reaction score
City, State
Commerce Twp, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 2017 Explorer XLT 4WD w/ 202A package and BLIS.

In November Ford offered some great incentives (e.g. up to $3750 off MSRP or 0% APR for 48 month plus $2000 cash back).

However, in December I don't see these offers anymore. Does someone know if something like this will eventually come back during the December month? Or does it make more sense to wait until 2017 to get the MY2018?

I live in the Detroit area and normally during the Detroit Auto Show many car companies offer great deals during this time. The Auto Show start next year Jan 8th.

Any ideas when good Ford incentives will be offered?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
It's been my experience that incentives are only put in place or removed at the beginning of the month. By ordering in January, the interest rate may be lower and you will for sure miss the holiday closure of the factory.

Peter

In November just passed there was a Black Friday Incentive added by Ford mid-month.
Did not apply to the Ex though.

I have a 2017 on order, and it is my belief that when it arrives I can choose either the incentive plan that was in effect when I placed the order (0% finance and winter tire package), or the incentive plan in place when I receive the vehicle (cash back and Costco discount if it was December).

I'm looking more like late Jan though due to the holiday factory shutdown, so I'm waiting to see what the January incentive plan is.

Simon

In November just passed there was a Black Friday Incentive added by Ford mid-month.

I have a 2017 on order, and it is my belief that when it arrives I can choose either the incentive plan that was in effect when I placed the order (0% finance and winter tire package), or the incentive plan in place when I receive the vehicle (cash back and Costco discount if it was December).

I'm looking more like late Jan though due to the holiday factory shutdown, so I'm waiting to see what the January incentive plan is.

Simon
That's right. You have a choice between those in effect when you ordered or those that are offered when you take delivery. I got my Platinum on Halloween and already had Winter wheels/tires from the MKT I turned in so I took the $800 substitute in place of the tire package.

Peter

Simon
Hmmm, I got the extra $1k on my November order. Total of $3,750.

I expect to see new incentives out this weekend.

Hmmm, I got the extra $1k on my November order. Total of $3,750.

I expect to see new incentives out this weekend.

The incentives always seem to be different between the US and Canada.

The $1750 + $1000 is back through 1/3. Also if you order a brochure online you can get an additional $750 "coupon". Or at least I did, but it can't be used with A plan.

Back