• Register Today It's free!

Order complete!

SmartAZ

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer LTD (301a)
I walked in ready to buy a new Ex today! Since I am on A/Z plan, I already had a good price, knew the incentives, and was ready to go.

The salesman was awesome, but kept insisting we buy one of the cars from the lot, because it was "cheaper for the dealership". I literally told him "I don't care", and after 2.5 hours of haggling (what is the point of an A Plan?!), we walked out without an order, because he insisted on looking for dealer trades/etc., and we had to go pick up the kids from school, and couldn't waste any more time at the dealership.

The best part of the experience, was when he told me and my wife that we would prefer the V6, because the EcoBoost sometimes has too much power for women, and they get scared by having that much power (he was not joking).

Why can't I just order online? Why is the salesman position even a job in the 21st Century? I feel like I just went to a timeshare presentation.

Will be getting a 2017 Explorer Limited in Ingot Silver, Ecoboost, with 301A and Tow Package...if they ever let me order.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I walked in ready to buy a new Ex today! Since I am on A/Z plan, I already had a good price, knew the incentives, and was ready to go.

The salesman was awesome, but kept insisting we buy one of the cars from the lot, because it was "cheaper for the dealership". I literally told him "I don't care", and after 2.5 hours of haggling (what is the point of an A Plan?!), we walked out without an order, because he insisted on looking for dealer trades/etc., and we had to go pick up the kids from school, and couldn't waste any more time at the dealership.

The best part of the experience, was when he told me and my wife that we would prefer the V6, because the EcoBoost sometimes has too much power for women, and they get scared by having that much power (he was not joking).

Why can't I just order online? Why is the salesman position even a job in the 21st Century? I feel like I just went to a timeshare presentation.

Will be getting a 2017 Explorer Limited in Ingot Silver, Ecoboost, with 301A and Tow Package...if they ever let me order.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you considered going to another dealership if that is an alternative? It almost sounds like the salesman attended an 'inhouse' morning meeting where the GM told them to clear the lot. Also, since we are approaching the end of the month, perhaps there is a monthly quota to meet. I'm guessing other salespeople there will have the same attitude.

Peter

Sure. I have about 5 dealerships within 20 minutes of my home. Not too concerned about it, except the fact that they wasted my morning. When I go back next week, I will tell the salesman that I am ordering, and that I will walk out if they don't let me order right then.

That wasn't Peoria Ford on Bell Rd was it?

No. I am in the East Valley.

Got the order placed today, after reminding the sales associate that I would be coming in today to ORDER for the last four days.

Took about an hour to get in and out (thanks A/Z Plan)!

2017 Ford Explorer LTD - Ingot Silver, 301a, Class II tow package, Wheel locks

$41,240 (incl. $945 delivery) - $1,000 Customer Loyalty - $250 Ford Credit = $39,990 + 0% 48mos or .9% 60 months.

Hard to say no to that!!

2017 Ford Explorer LTD - Ingot Silver, 301a, Class II tow package, Wheel locks

$41,240 (incl. $945 delivery) - $1,000 Customer Loyalty - $250 Ford Credit = $39,990 + 0% 48mos or .9% 60 months.

Also got the additional $500 Labor Day Bonus Customer Cash locked in this morning. New grand total is $39,490 and great financing.

Also got the additional $500 Labor Day Bonus Customer Cash locked in this morning. New grand total is $39,490 and great financing.

Order date: 9/1/16
Production Date (Per COTUS): 9/29-9/30/2016
SCHEDULED DELIVERY: 10/28/16 (although COTUS shows 27 days left, which would put us at 10/26).

Back