• Register Today It's free!

Order Number for 2014 Explorer?

NULMTEC

Reaction score
City, State
Soon to be Woodbridge, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ExplorerLDT-ordered
Has anyone who ordered a 2014 Explorer received an Order Number?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Order number yes. Vin no. Sticker no. With the recall of the 2013 explorer announced today I bet they are pushing the 2014's back.

Yes, As soon as the dealer entered the order information in the computer, they printed me off a copy with the order number on it. I had to sign it after verification of properly ordered options. They then gave me a copy.

Once you place your order with the dealer and you have that order number they provide you, Crystal(from Ford) on this forum can track your order for you. Typically VIN, Window Sticker and ETA of the build are not available until 4-6 weeks after you place the order. It appears you get that information closer to the build date of your car.
For instance, I ordered my 2014 on 4/18 and don't have an ETS, VIN or viewable online window sticker yet. I expect it soon though. This time period is the longest apparently.

Hi NULMTEC,

Once you place an order for a 2014, your sales rep should provide you with an order number. Once you get that info, shoot me a PM with your dealership name and the order number; I'll provide you with weekly updates on your new ride's status!

Once you place your order with the dealer and you have that order number they provide you, Crystal(from Ford) on this forum can track your order for you. Typically VIN, Window Sticker and ETA of the build are not available until 4-6 weeks after you place the order. It appears you get that information closer to the build date of your car.
For instance, I ordered my 2014 on 4/18 and don't have an ETS, VIN or viewable online window sticker yet. I expect it soon though. This time period is the longest apparently.

Thanks for the great info, jetpilot747!

Crystal

I see now. Well we ordered our Explorer over the phone. Moving back to the States n hope to have the SUV, not long after we return.

Thanks for the info, I will follow up with the dealership.

Back