• Register Today It's free!

Order of Install

FourSecondPin

Reaction score
City, State
Issaquah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
Im moving my stereo from one ex to another. I have gotten everything uninstalled fine. Before i start to install everything in the new ex i was wondering what order i should go in.

I have:

Deck
Speakers
Amp
RCA's
Power for amp
Ground for amp
turn on cord
stock amp bypass harness
Sub

What order would you recommend i install these?

hmm

deck
remote turn on
RCAs
amp bypass
speakers
Power wire
Ground
Amp
Sub

if anything jstu go ahead and do the remote, and rcas at the same time as the H/U so you wont have to pull it back out.

PEACE

The first thing you should do is decide where you are going to mount your amps. This has a lot of bearing on how much you have to tear apart, as well as where the wires will be run. Once you have the amps mounted the move to wiring them. Once you have the amps mounted and wired then mount the speakers and run the wires for them. The absolute last thing you want to install is the deck, always wire and test the entire system before you permantly mount the deck. This way you don't have to pull it out to make any wiring modifications.

One thing that I had to work with with my last install is make sure that where and how you mount your amps is solid. I made up some custom mounts for my amps and I have had to rip the truck apart 3 times now to finally get all of the rattles and vibrations taken care of.

Back