Ordered 2014 sport explorer

Johnny16

Reaction score
City, State
mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 sport
Hello Everyone,

Last week I ordered 2014 sport explorer and I can’t wait it’s killing me. I have an order number but no Vin# from the dealer. The dealer said that it's going to take around 5 to 8 weeks :(for delivery is this TRUE?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The quick answer is usually yes. Look at some of the other threads and you will learn some great information. Good luck and welcome.

I have been waiting since march 29th. I'm close to giving up and buying something else!

Hazzard that's rough......I hope you hear something soon!

It is. We ordered a 13 it got canceled by ford and had to be reordered as a 14. They tell me it will be built on the first run June 4th. It is just being built today. I have my sticker but no eta yet. This might be my 3rd new ford in the last 7 years. Might is the key word.

I ordered a 2014 Explorer Sport back in early April and Im still waiting!! I was first told July 22 and now its been changed to August 3rd... Hopefully it comes soon!!! So I feel your pain Hazzard!

I ordered a 2014 Explorer Sport back in early April and Im still waiting!! I was first told July 22 and now its been changed to August 3rd... Hopefully it comes soon!!! So I feel your pain Hazzard!

I also ordered back in April. I'm quoted an ETA of August 3rd, but my dealer things it could show up next week. Its a long 15 week wait when you order 6 weeks before 2014 production starts I guess. But then again, the incentives are more now than they were in June and early July.

Jetpilot and ExGirl what are your blend dates? Mine is today.

I ordered mine in April. That date doesn't count because the start date of building the 2014 was June 3rd. My Blend Date was last Friday (07/18). ETA 08/09.

This was my timeline

Ordered - 5/13
VIN - 6/21
Window Sticker - 7/9
Build date - 7/16
ETA - 8/3 (Arrived at the dealer on 7/17 and I picked it up on 7/19)

I have no idea what mine is.. I just email the dealer ever so often to get a status. I figured Ive waited this long..... it will get here some day... My current vehicle is still running fine! My luck is Im gonna be on vacation next week and it will come then when Im out of town! lol

I also ordered back in April. I'm quoted an ETA of August 3rd, but my dealer things it could show up next week. Its a long 15 week wait when you order 6 weeks before 2014 production starts I guess. But then again, the incentives are more now than they were in June and early July.

I got the incentives that are out now not when I ordered it. My dealer told me thats how it works.

I have no idea what mine is.. I just email the dealer ever so often to get a status. I figured Ive waited this long..... it will get here some day... My current vehicle is still running fine! My luck is Im gonna be on vacation next week and it will come then when Im out of town! lol

Hi ExplorerGirl25.

I'd be more than happy to track your order for you if you'd like. Just send me a PM with your VIN or your order number and dealer code from your paperwork and I'll let you know the status.

Ashley

2014 Order

Hi ExplorerGirl25.

I'd be more than happy to track your order for you if you'd like. Just send me a PM with your VIN or your order number and dealer code from your paperwork and I'll let you know the status.

Ashley

Hi,

If the date an the bottom of the sticker was 26th of July does that mean it was just built today?

Thanks Ashley

Hi,

If the date an the bottom of the sticker was 26th of July does that mean it was just built today?

Thanks Ashley

No

The projected build date is at the top, above the word BLEND. It is a 9 digit number which starts with a 1

Example: 120130819
1= United States
2013 = Year
08 = August
19 = Build Date

Hence, this vehicle build date will be August 19, 2013

Ordered my 14 sport in May picked up yesterday July 27. To bad it had 215kms on it from the f****** idiots at the dealer. I don't believe it was used as a test vehicle either, anyone know how I could find out if it was?

215kms? That's about 130 us miles or so. Sounds like they let 4-5 prospective buyers take it on a test ride. I wouldn't get too upset about this.
Enjoy your ride.

Stator the factory randomly pulls cars off the line to test them all the time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,

Thanks Ashley

Hi alphatango.

I'd be more than happy to take a look at your status and let you know. Just send me over a PM with your VIN.

Ashley

Back