• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Ordered 2014 XLT

Greg99

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XLT w/nav
I just received my window sticker today. For my order"

7/5 - agreed on price and ordered with dealer
7/9 - Dealer said this would/was the date they send the order to Ford
7/22 - Cory PM'd me the VIN number
8/2 - Window Sticker created
8/9 - Blend date on window sticker
8/21 - Scheduled delivery to me per the dealer.

Since I only live < 3 hours from the factory, I would expect to receive earlier than 8/21...but we will see.

I was a little concerned on the ordering because the process at the dealer was very casual. The new car manager just scribbled down the model and options I wanted and said I was good to go. Nothing down, nothing to sign...pretty simple.

I must say this was the best experiance i have had buying a car. When my wife and I were test driving the explorer (early June) at this dealer, I told them I was almost certain this was the car for me. The new car manager asked me what options and color I would choose. So when I went to order on 7/5, and told me he ordered one right after my prior visit in june to what I told him...but my options and colors had changed by then. But he didn't care and ordered my new package. (he said he just took a chance but should have no problem selling it - it sold in just a few days on the lot!). I thought this was pretty cool.

So since I ordered, the rebate went up $1000 and I also received a $750 private cash offer.

Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Johnny16

Reaction score
City, State
mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 sport
That's great! I received my Vin today too!!

Tarheel44

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Which size engine did you choose? 2.0L Eco Boost or 3.0L V6? I am torn between good gas milage or better power. I previously had two Explorers and down sixed to an Escape (I4) for better mileage. Now the family is getting bigger and i am tired of not having any power during acceleration. Haven't made the order yet.

Greg99

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XLT w/nav
I ordered with the standard 3.5 V6. I need to tow a boat roughly 3200#'s.
I am coming from a '03 Tahoe Z71. I know i will miss the low end torque but the 3 time a year i need to tow, it will be ok. However going from 15-16 mpg to 20-22 will save me about $1000/year in fuel.

What's a private 750 cash offer?
Do a search on "750 private cash". it is something that you may receive by requesting information from the marketing department. I called when i ordered and asked for a brochure on the 2014 explorer. in the brochure i got the offer and the dealer confirmed. you may or may not get it, it sounds like it varies by region...but worth a try. it took about 2-3 weeks to get.

FordService

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey folks!

For information on incentives and brochures, give our Marketing Program Headquarters a call at 1-800-334-4375; they'll be happy to assist. Alternatively, if you're on Twitter, our marketing agents can help you out as well. Send a tweet to @FordService and they'll get the ball rolling. :)

Crystal

Johnny16

Reaction score
City, State
mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 sport
I called and No private 750 cash offer for me! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Greg99

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XLT w/nav
This waiting is killing me....My explorer was completed 8/11. The "syncmyride" updated on 8/12. now it is waiting shipment. I am only a3 hour drive from the chicago plant. Hopefully it shows up before the weekend. Is there any place that would show when a vehicle is loaded up on rail or carrier and leaves? (track shipping?) My dealer says they can see when a car is complete but not when it ships.

lukish

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Atkinson, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Chevy Traverse
The wait is killing me also. My explorer was completed on 8/10 and I still don't know when it will reach the dealer. I am only 5 hours away from the plant. I would love mine by the weekend but guessing it's not looking good!

Tarheel44

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Placed my order today. How long long was your build time?

lukish

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Atkinson, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Chevy Traverse
Here's my timeline:
Ordered 6/18
Received VIN 7/18
Window Sticker 8/2
Build date 8/9
ETA 8/18

Hopefully will be driving it by early next week!

Tarheel44

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Question for anyone. Got my new Explorer XLT last week. I choose the 202A trim option. I went to see what inputs on the media hub will allow videos to be played. Opened the cover and the RCA jacks have been replaced by a 3.5mm line in jack. Can anyone confirm their 2014 does not include the RCA jacks. The Ford web site under "Build & Price" shows the RCA jacks, the owners manual shows the jacks. The dealership during the sales process confirmed the RCA jacks. I have spoken with the salesperson and finance person at the dealership. After unsuccessful attempts to watch videos through the USB, SD card slot or line in jack, contacted. I was then told by the dealership movies on the SD card needed certain formats and videos can play through the USB port. I spoke with tech support today and learned the following. They are not aware of the change and could not tell me why I did not have RCA jacks. Video can not be played on any of the Media Hub ports. The entire reason I choose to purchase the vehicle as well as the trim style was because it was suppose to have the RCA jacks. Does anyone have RCA jacks in a 2014?

dklalonde

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Ex Limited
Question for anyone. Got my new Explorer XLT last week. I choose the 202A trim option. I went to see what inputs on the media hub will allow videos to be played. Opened the cover and the RCA jacks have been replaced by a 3.5mm line in jack. Can anyone confirm their 2014 does not include the RCA jacks. The Ford web site under "Build & Price" shows the RCA jacks, the owners manual shows the jacks. The dealership during the sales process confirmed the RCA jacks. I have spoken with the salesperson and finance person at the dealership. After unsuccessful attempts to watch videos through the USB, SD card slot or line in jack, contacted. I was then told by the dealership movies on the SD card needed certain formats and videos can play through the USB port. I spoke with tech support today and learned the following. They are not aware of the change and could not tell me why I did not have RCA jacks. Video can not be played on any of the Media Hub ports. The entire reason I choose to purchase the vehicle as well as the trim style was because it was suppose to have the RCA jacks. Does anyone have RCA jacks in a 2014?

I'm upset that mine didn't have the RCA jacks either- so annoyed!