Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XLT w/nav
I just received my window sticker today. For my order"

7/5 - agreed on price and ordered with dealer
7/9 - Dealer said this would/was the date they send the order to Ford
7/22 - Cory PM'd me the VIN number
8/2 - Window Sticker created
8/9 - Blend date on window sticker
8/21 - Scheduled delivery to me per the dealer.

Since I only live < 3 hours from the factory, I would expect to receive earlier than 8/21...but we will see.

I was a little concerned on the ordering because the process at the dealer was very casual. The new car manager just scribbled down the model and options I wanted and said I was good to go. Nothing down, nothing to sign...pretty simple.

I must say this was the best experiance i have had buying a car. When my wife and I were test driving the explorer (early June) at this dealer, I told them I was almost certain this was the car for me. The new car manager asked me what options and color I would choose. So when I went to order on 7/5, and told me he ordered one right after my prior visit in june to what I told him...but my options and colors had changed by then. But he didn't care and ordered my new package. (he said he just took a chance but should have no problem selling it - it sold in just a few days on the lot!). I thought this was pretty cool.

So since I ordered, the rebate went up $1000 and I also received a $750 private cash offer.

Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's great! I received my Vin today too!!

Which size engine did you choose? 2.0L Eco Boost or 3.0L V6? I am torn between good gas milage or better power. I previously had two Explorers and down sixed to an Escape (I4) for better mileage. Now the family is getting bigger and i am tired of not having any power during acceleration. Haven't made the order yet.

I ordered with the standard 3.5 V6. I need to tow a boat roughly 3200#'s.
I am coming from a '03 Tahoe Z71. I know i will miss the low end torque but the 3 time a year i need to tow, it will be ok. However going from 15-16 mpg to 20-22 will save me about $1000/year in fuel.

What's a private 750 cash offer?
Do a search on "750 private cash". it is something that you may receive by requesting information from the marketing department. I called when i ordered and asked for a brochure on the 2014 explorer. in the brochure i got the offer and the dealer confirmed. you may or may not get it, it sounds like it varies by region...but worth a try. it took about 2-3 weeks to get.

Hey folks!

For information on incentives and brochures, give our Marketing Program Headquarters a call at 1-800-334-4375; they'll be happy to assist. Alternatively, if you're on Twitter, our marketing agents can help you out as well. Send a tweet to @FordService and they'll get the ball rolling. :)

Crystal

I called and No private 750 cash offer for me! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

This waiting is killing me....My explorer was completed 8/11. The "syncmyride" updated on 8/12. now it is waiting shipment. I am only a3 hour drive from the chicago plant. Hopefully it shows up before the weekend. Is there any place that would show when a vehicle is loaded up on rail or carrier and leaves? (track shipping?) My dealer says they can see when a car is complete but not when it ships.

The wait is killing me also. My explorer was completed on 8/10 and I still don't know when it will reach the dealer. I am only 5 hours away from the plant. I would love mine by the weekend but guessing it's not looking good!

Placed my order today. How long long was your build time?

Here's my timeline:
Ordered 6/18
Received VIN 7/18
Window Sticker 8/2
Build date 8/9
ETA 8/18

Hopefully will be driving it by early next week!

Question for anyone. Got my new Explorer XLT last week. I choose the 202A trim option. I went to see what inputs on the media hub will allow videos to be played. Opened the cover and the RCA jacks have been replaced by a 3.5mm line in jack. Can anyone confirm their 2014 does not include the RCA jacks. The Ford web site under "Build & Price" shows the RCA jacks, the owners manual shows the jacks. The dealership during the sales process confirmed the RCA jacks. I have spoken with the salesperson and finance person at the dealership. After unsuccessful attempts to watch videos through the USB, SD card slot or line in jack, contacted. I was then told by the dealership movies on the SD card needed certain formats and videos can play through the USB port. I spoke with tech support today and learned the following. They are not aware of the change and could not tell me why I did not have RCA jacks. Video can not be played on any of the Media Hub ports. The entire reason I choose to purchase the vehicle as well as the trim style was because it was suppose to have the RCA jacks. Does anyone have RCA jacks in a 2014?

Question for anyone. Got my new Explorer XLT last week. I choose the 202A trim option. I went to see what inputs on the media hub will allow videos to be played. Opened the cover and the RCA jacks have been replaced by a 3.5mm line in jack. Can anyone confirm their 2014 does not include the RCA jacks. The Ford web site under "Build & Price" shows the RCA jacks, the owners manual shows the jacks. The dealership during the sales process confirmed the RCA jacks. I have spoken with the salesperson and finance person at the dealership. After unsuccessful attempts to watch videos through the USB, SD card slot or line in jack, contacted. I was then told by the dealership movies on the SD card needed certain formats and videos can play through the USB port. I spoke with tech support today and learned the following. They are not aware of the change and could not tell me why I did not have RCA jacks. Video can not be played on any of the Media Hub ports. The entire reason I choose to purchase the vehicle as well as the trim style was because it was suppose to have the RCA jacks. Does anyone have RCA jacks in a 2014?

I'm upset that mine didn't have the RCA jacks either- so annoyed!

Back