Ordered 2015 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 2015 Explorer Sport

adam500

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Just ordered a 2015 Explorer Sport in Magnetic Metallic. Decided to go with just the 401A group and towing is now a standard option.

Dealer was estimating seeing it around July/August. It is going to be a long wait.

I'll will keep you updated as I hear more information as I am sure others are considering ordering a 15.

Adam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weird. My dealer said I won't be able to order until like June...

Weird. My dealer said I won't be able to order until like June...

The dealers can order them now since they can no longer order 2014's. They will begin production in June and should be hitting the streets shortly after. I have the order documents to prove they can do it.

When did you talk to your dealer?

I am really excited about the new color (Magnetic) which is one of the main reasons that I decided to wait instead of purchasing a 2014.

Adam

I talked to my dealer a couple weeks ago when the 2015 thread started.

Just ordered a 2015 Explorer Sport in Magnetic Metallic. Decided to go with just the 401A group and towing is now a standard option.

Dealer was estimating seeing it around July/August. It is going to be a long wait.

I'll will keep you updated as I hear more information as I am sure others are considering order a 15.

Adam

Congrats on ordering, Adam! I'll be happy to keep you posted on your Explorer as it moves through the production process. PM me your order number and dealership name/location; I'll provide you with weekly updates on your vehicle's status.

Crystal

Got the VIN for my 2015 sport. The waiting is killing me already. Only 2-3 more months. :thumbdwn:

How long did it take for you to get your VIN?

I placed the order on 4/8 and got the vin when I posted.

magnetic metallic

Where did you get information on that color? Is that a form of Grey? I want to buy an explorer Sport but it does not come in grey so I have been stalling.

I'll will keep you updated as I hear more information as I am sure others are considering ordering a 15.

Adam

Your dealer will be able to look up the 2015 specs. The color is a dark grey metallic.

Ordered our sport in April in the magnetic metallic and we pick it up next week :) ... it took about 9 weeks to show up at the dealer

Ordered our sport in April in the magnetic metallic and we pick it up next week :) ... it took about 9 weeks to show up at the dealer

Nice! I got a call from my dealer and he said that it has been built and is awaiting transport from Chicago to FL via rail. Should be here sometime between July 11-18th.

Nice! I got a call from my dealer and he said that it has been built and is awaiting transport from Chicago to FL via rail. Should be here sometime between July 11-18th.

Take some pictures, Im dying to see that colour, I think it may even be nicer than black!

Hello, I'm new here but I have watched this thread anticipating the arrival of my new Explorer baby. We ordered a '15 Explorer Sport in Magnetic Metallic with the 400A package but we added the rear seat DVD's and remote start. I am beyond excited for her to arrive. We live in a small town and use a small town dealership. I didn't even walk in to order it. I just emailed and they got it ordered so I don't have the "Invoice" number that many of you have. I did today get an email from the dealership providing me with the VIN for the Explorer. Does anyone know if I can obtain a build date with just a VIN number? I am so eager to know when it might come. The dealership initially said 8-10 weeks likely. We ordered it the 2nd of June.

Hello, I'm new here but I have watched this thread anticipating the arrival of my new Explorer baby. We ordered a '15 Explorer Sport in Magnetic Metallic with the 400A package but we added the rear seat DVD's and remote start. I am beyond excited for her to arrive. We live in a small town and use a small town dealership. I didn't even walk in to order it. I just emailed and they got it ordered so I don't have the "Invoice" number that many of you have. I did today get an email from the dealership providing me with the VIN for the Explorer. Does anyone know if I can obtain a build date with just a VIN number? I am so eager to know when it might come. The dealership initially said 8-10 weeks likely. We ordered it the 2nd of June.

Shoot Crystal at Ford service a message. Here is her link. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968

Normally she needs your order # and dealeship name but with the vin# she may be able to help.

New order as well!

I also just ordered a 2015 with the Magnetic color and sienna/black seat inserts with all the options possible. I am trading in my 2013 black/black with 21,000 miles.

I test drove a ton of SUV's and came to the same conclusion - nothing comes close in value for the sport..especially with X pricing and the $1,500 in incentives!

This is going to be a long wait. :(

Hello, I'm new here but I have watched this thread anticipating the arrival of my new Explorer baby. We ordered a '15 Explorer Sport in Magnetic Metallic with the 400A package but we added the rear seat DVD's and remote start. I am beyond excited for her to arrive...

I also just ordered a 2015 with the Magnetic color and sienna/black seat inserts with all the options possible...

Congrats on ordering, harrnr02 and csimon! I'll be happy to keep you updated on your Explorer's progress as it moves through the production process. PM me your VIN if you have it - otherwise I'll need your order number and dealership name/location. I'll do the rest!

Crystal

Congrats on ordering, harrnr02 and csimon! I'll be happy to keep you updated on your Explorer's progress as it moves through the production process. PM me your VIN if you have it - otherwise I'll need your order number and dealership name/location. I'll do the rest!

Crystal

Thank you Crystal! I have PM'd you the VIN.

Csimon, we too found a lot of value in the Explorer Sport. We qualified for Zplan and that certainly was a bonus. We were originally going to get a '14 off of a lot but couldn't get one with the exact features that we wanted so we decided to just order a '15. Of course that meant fewer rebates but we still got the $1500 so that is good.

I want to see pictures also !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back