Ordered 2016 Ford Platinum on 1/29/2015... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 2016 Ford Platinum on 1/29/2015...

afoofighter

Reaction score
City, State
Steveston/Richmond, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Hi all...

A newbie to the forum...long time reader/first time poster!

We ordered our 2016 metallic white w. black interior leather seats etc. on January 29/15. The salesperson gave me a build date of March 7/16. I have the VIN but can't find any site to follow it along from start to delivery. I hope we get it up here to Richmond, BC, Canada by the end of March. Any suggestions, comments or input would be welcomed.
I am glad to be slipping out of my 5.4L F150 2008 Supercrew King Ranch - those coils over plugs suck!

Cheers from Steve K.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! If the build date isn't until March 7th, I would be very tempted to cancel that order and put in an order for the 2017. They are supposed to start production around that time I read.

Welcome! If the build date isn't until March 7th, I would be very tempted to cancel that order and put in an order for the 2017. They are supposed to start production around that time I read.

Production doesn't start until June 6th which means an additional 2-3 weeks before they arrive at dealers so you are looking towards the end of June or early July.

I believe what you are thinking of is the order banks opening which means one can place an order.. that date is 3/28. But they still won't be built till mid June on any customer order.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. I would still wait, personally.

Depends if he is like those of us that feel SYNC3 is worth the wait.

I agree, I will wait for a 17, but not everyone can do that.

I found the window sticker online... it will be built this Wednesday, March 9. I wonder now when the dealership will call... my buddy was telling me there are currently no delays in rail... so hopefully thinking end of March to the west coast of Canada? Although the etis site still gives it a generic build date.... I'm gonna check etis again first thing Monday morning.

Window Sticker website

Which website did you use to find your "Window Sticker" ? Many threads on this site have said this service has been taken down by Ford. Please advise !!

Window Sticker website

This website, and three others do not work for the 2014 F-150 window sticker in my yard, nor the 2016 Explorer ordered, and supposedly (dealer info) built on Feb 25th. It always says."window stick not produced for this vehicle, check back later"
Am I doing anything wrong, which way do I hold my tongue, LOL ???

This website, and three others do not work for the 2014 F-150 window sticker in my yard, nor the 2016 Explorer ordered, and supposedly (dealer info) built on Feb 25th. It always says."window stick not produced for this vehicle, check back later"
Am I doing anything wrong, which way do I hold my tongue, LOL ???

I have no idea, but the Etis site isn't working for my VIN. It recognizes that it is a Ford Explorer, but still gives a generic build date. I am registered on the Etis site too.
As far as I have read, the link above will only produce window stickers of newer models. The site can't provide a window sticker for older VIN's. Check out all the other threads that mention the same circumstances. There are a few of them.

hmm, my build date is supposed to be 3/15 and its just giving me the restricted window sticker message when I try to look my vin up.

How many days out before your build date did the window sticker pop up for you?
Most sites listed on this forum no longer work or only work for some. It seems that Ford has disabled them. The one listed in post 8 shows my Window Sticker hasn't been listed yet. The VIN entered was for my 2011 Ltd built 6 years ago!

Peter

So I just got an email from my salesperson and was told it is being built as of now, and it should be shipped to our local rail yard in Canada by April 6th. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas over here... LOL

hmm, my build date is supposed to be 3/15 and its just giving me the restricted window sticker message when I try to look my vin up.

How many days out before your build date did the window sticker pop up for you?

I think 5 days before....so check back on the 11th, 12th...etc. It will be there I'm sure....the etis site looks disabled....all the other threads look to be saying the same thing... but the link I posted is golden!

oh yeah.... I see it... by the Calimut River.... ya one of the last off the line.... it's white like all those others with the deluxe roof. I just wish it had my personalized plates on it, then I know that that is my truck for sure... .... the second time link works...

I think 5 days before....so check back on the 11th, 12th...etc. It will be there I'm sure....the etis site looks disabled....all the other threads look to be saying the same thing... but the link I posted is golden!

I went to the etis site again and the build date is now there as March 11th. I wonder if that means the difference in the two sites means day started and date finished. Like how long does it take for a factory order to roll down the assembly line from start to finish?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went to the etis site again and the build date is now there as March 11th. I wonder if that means the difference in the two sites means day started and date finished. Like how long does it take for a factory order to roll down the assembly line from start to finish?
A member stated about 18 hours. Here is a link to the factory line. There is also a longer 21 minute video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elYRbhiCWiE

Peter

Back